Skip navigation
aohfowae
Currently Being Moderated

FLASH!!! export operation failed because it ran out of memory

Jul 25, 2013 4:49 PM

Are there any real fixes to this issue?
I'm trying to export 01:30 animation to a Quicktime so I can plug it into Final Cut. I've tried chosing "After Time Elapsed" and it worked, once. I have closed Flash, restarted, etc., but it will not export again. I have exported a PHG sequence but this does not register the movie files I have created.

What a pain in the ***! This program is ... HW$&@!!

Please help Adobe...

jj

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 1:41 PM   in reply to aohfowae

Have you tried quitting all other applications like final cut before exporting and or rebooting?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to aohfowae

What codec are you using to export to or are you exporting with "None" compression in Quicktime? If you're using "None" try using the Animation codec sliding down the quality until you find it completely acceptable from a quality standpoint but allowing it to compress the file a bit.

Do you have much space left on the drive you're running Flash from? Typically this would just go into swap memory rather than run out.

How much memory do you have? What kind of video card do you have? Low end video cards (not typical on Macs) can use system memory as video memory which can get gobbled up by GPU utilizing apps (especially Photoshop, a real memory user, both GPU and system). In fact if you just have Photoshop open and 4GB ram or less then having Photoshop loaded alone is probably your issue.

Experiment with other codecs as well. They all use varying amounts of RAM to render.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points