Skip navigation
marcuswse
Currently Being Moderated

Connection lost to all files on Mac. PS11 shows wrong location

Jul 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Tags: #mac #missing_files #catalog_location #pse11

My first ever post on the forum.

I have recently moved a catalog from a PC to a mac (after 5+ years using PSE on a PC). I transferred (using PSE11 restore catalog process) 25,000+ photos across using the instructions from adobe and had it all working perfectly for a couple of weeks.

Recently all the photos in my catalog have become 'missing files'. The catalog is located in a custom location on the internal drive being '/users/marcus/pictures/adobe/organizer/media/media/'

pse11 now thinks location is

'/volumes/public/users/marcus/pictures/adobe/organizer/media/media/'

The /volumes/ directory contains references to files on network drives (and show up under 'Shared' in finder). I have no idea how PSE11 decided to think all the files in ther catalog were on a network drive.

When I reconnect the file manually, then the program returns the error "The file exists in the catalog."

This error appears to be the one referenced here: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/cant-edit-open-reconnect- photos.html being kb404560 but these are mostly windows based solutions. I have tried the suggested solutions without success on the mac

I suspect the problem occurred due to OSX's stadard process of mounting virtual drives to install new programs but this is a guess as I am new to macs. I have unmounted all recent drives

I am running OS X 10.8.4 on a late 2012 27 inch iMac 3.4GHz i7 mac with 8 GB of memory

Any advice is appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 2:37 PM   in reply to marcuswse

Are you using dropbox, icloud, or sugar sync?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:38 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Have you moved the photos from outside the organizer? Which is the correct file path for the images?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to marcuswse

See if you can reconnect them if you temporarily disable dropbox and icloud.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Also, you didn't happen to accidentally move your user folder to dropbox, did you? When you do that, it's different from the way it normally works. While putting something on a remote drive normally just copies it there in OS X, in dropbox the original files move. Just checking.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to marcuswse

Glad you got it sorted out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers