• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The 'Publish' command's progress bar in FM11

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying out Tech Communicator Suite 4, I just tried doing File > Publish on a FrameMaker book, and asking it to convert it into .CHM files.

It pops up a "Please wait..." dialog with a stripey animated progress bar that is a 100% right away. It's been sitting there like that for about 10 minutes now (whilst firing off Distiller in the background from time to time).

I appreciate that it may take a few mins to chomp through a big book and spit out the .chm,

but I was expecting a slightly better progress dialog than what I'm seeing!
Has anyone else on the forum used this workflow? Is this the way it always behaves? I was expecting the progress bar to at least, well, you know... show some progress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need to create a project in RoboHelp first that has all your definitions set, then export your settings in a .isf file that FM uses to do the help generation. It's not a 1-stop process (at least initially). You also don't get the same degree of control over the output as you would in the normal FM to RH workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines