Skip navigation
cylonbravo
Currently Being Moderated

Indesign CC Right Clicking nightmare

Jul 26, 2013 7:03 AM

Since upgrading to Indesign CC everytime I right click on object or image it goes into Direct Select instead of giving me the right click dialogue box.  Its a nightmare, sometimes I have to right click on object 4 or 5 times before the dialogue will show up.  I have tried multiple mouses, wired and Magic Mouse. I am on an iMac running OS 10.8.4.  Any help would be awesome.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to cylonbravo

This type of bad behavior can sometimes be fixed by trashing the prefs. See Replace Your Preferences

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 8:16 AM   in reply to cylonbravo

I'm not seeing this on Mac (10.8.4) or Windows 8 Pro. When I right click

on the content grabber or outside of it, I get the normal contextual menu.

What ever is causing this seems to be specific to your systems.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to cylonbravo

Same problem here.

Just upgraded from CS6, to CC on OS X. This is hideous and extremely frustrating!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2013 1:17 PM   in reply to ram ghai

I never noticed that before so I just tested it and CS6 and CC behave just exactly the same when right-clicking. Does control-click do the same thing? If not maybe it is a mouse or other device driver conflict. But I am supprised you would want to use CC given its slowness problems that have yet to be fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2013 1:59 PM   in reply to Was DYP

Not everyone is experiencing performance issues. The majority of users

are not.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

But I thought "Adobe Engineering is painfully aware of the current performance issues with InDesign 9."

It would be interesting for anyone not experiencing performance issues to know what their setup is (fonts, profiles loaded, etc.) and what kind of files they are working on.

The majority of users

are not.

And you know this how?

Seem to be pretty extensive threads on here about ID9 performance issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2013 5:54 PM   in reply to Was DYP

What exactly would you expect to find in a support forum? I’m running it three ways. Win 8.1 desktop, Win 8.1 in bootcamp and MacBook Air w/ OSX 10.8.5. No issues and it’s lightning fast. Way faster than CS6 in many ways. PDF export, heavy use of MSOs, lots of DPS use.

And since you asked…Suitcase Fusion 5, 16 Gigs of RAM and an i7 on the desktop. The MacBook Air is an i5 with 8 Gigs of RAM.

If it was everyone as you allude to, you wouldn’t even be able to find anything here but that issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 7:36 AM   in reply to ram ghai

I've also got the same issue.  CC on OSX Lion.  Either right-clicking acts as left clicking or direct select.  Sometimes it works as right clicking though. I'm guessing maybe I'm just a sloppy right clicker on the stupid Magic Mouse, but I never had issues with it in CS5.5 or CS6.

I've never liked the Magic Mouse though.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points