Skip navigation
j strength
Currently Being Moderated

when opening adobe priemere elements 11 get incompatible display driver error message?

Jul 26, 2013 7:22 AM

Tags: #adobe #premiere #elements #11

have intel ( r ) hd graphics 2.1.0. build 8.15.10.2622---gone to intel display driver on my pc and it is up-to-date----is adoble elements not liking my current display driver on my pc and if so what can i do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to j strength

If you have a Dell, Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, or another major computer mfgr., you might be successful checking on their Web site, for an updated driver. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of Intel, and they are not good with releasing driver updates unfortunately.

If you have a desktop, I would seriously consider turning OFF the Intel embedded video chip, and adding an nVidia, or AMD/ATI card instead.

If you have a laptop, that replacement card will not be an option.

That lack of driver support is why I strongly suggest that one does NOT go with an Intel graphics chip.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to j strength

More information that might help

Display driver http://forums.adobe.com/message/4943624

Baddriver.txt http://forums.adobe.com/message/5048806

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:28 PM   in reply to j strength

Usually, when a MoBo has an embedded graphics chip, and one adds an nVidia, or AMD/ATI card, the embedded chip can be turned OFF in the BIOS via Setup. If not, then there will usually be a jumper, or DIP switch to control that chip.

Now, one quick question: did you go to Intel's Web site, to check for driver updates, or did you just check Windows to tell you? The reason that I ask is that Windows (and most driver utilities) are quite out of date, stating that one has the latest driver, when there are often many newer ones.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:38 PM   in reply to j strength

j strength

Before anything else, could you let us know the results from deletion the BadDrivers.txt file.

In Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, its location is

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drive active so you can see the complete path.

The rationale of this can be found back in the days of Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and has been a life saver at times for users of other versions with this same type of issue (after updating video card driver et al)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:14 PM   in reply to j strength

j strength

I look at every posted issue as if it were my own and am not content until I see those words "It works."

As you read in the BadDrivers.txt file thread, I have been down this road, and it was very frustrating until Daksha123 came along with the only answer that worked for me. As permanent things can be, it has been a permanent fix for me with the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 video card message and display issue on Windows 7 64 bit.

We are all eager for your success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to j strength

j strength

Thanks for the update on you progress.

Since you appear to have the latest version of your video card driver installed, please delete the BadDrivers.txt file as mentioned by me in post 7 of your thread and copied into this post as well for your convenience.

In Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, its location is

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drive active so you can see the complete path.

The rationale of this can be found back in the days of Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and has been a life saver at times for users of other versions with this same type of issue (after updating video card driver et al)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers