Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adjust the color calibration for your camera

Jul 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to Community Help

Re: Camera Calibration Lightroom v 4.4: My raw files from Sony SLT-A33 have only one profile: Adobe Standard.

There is absolutely nothing else there: Not even Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, Standard and Vivid.

Its just like the raw file was a scanned image or a jpeg.

Thank You

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 1:19 PM   in reply to whiteknight48

As far as I know, the additional profiles are for Nikon and Canon cameras. If you want profiles for your camera, you'd have to create it yourself.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to dj_paige

The Camera-centric profiles for Canon, Nikon and some Pentax cameras are Adobe’s attempt to mimic the similarly-named in-camera color modes, but they are only approximate so aren’t some magic bullet to make your photos look like the camera-JPGs.

Creating one or more custom profiles for your camera is relatively simple, although you’ll need to invest in a standardized color checker calibration target. 

I use the Color Checker Passport from X-rite, which comes with its own software and LR plug-in to create camera profiles, and then Adobe’s DNG Profile Editor also uses photos of a CC to create camera profiles.  The profiles from each are a little different so it doesn’t hurt to make some from both products to see if one renders better in a particular situation.  You can make one for various lighting situations, even ones that aren’t covered by Adobe-supplied profiles, such as lighting that has a large positive or negative Tint value like Fluorescent and arena lighting.

http://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=1257

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points