Skip navigation
PabloMoby72
Currently Being Moderated

limited open options in Bridge CS6

Jul 26, 2013 12:51 PM

I'm presently using Bridge CS6 in Windows. I usually can select a document with Bridge and have the option of opening that document in a few applications of choice. Except, it's not working on my Windows version. Example: i'll right click on a pdf that i want to open in Illustrator, but it will only give me the Acrobat option.

Any clue on how to fix this?

thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to PabloMoby72

In Bridge preferenes open File Type Associations.  Select desired extension and then browse.  You then have to navigate to the .exe file you want to open it.  Can select as default or just add to list.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to PabloMoby72

Why do I have to do this in the Windows version? My Mac version was set-up from the box.

In a nutshell, this is the reason for me to stay with a Mac..

Sorry, but I could not let this one pass…

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 5:14 PM   in reply to PabloMoby72

Not enough of a comupter whiz to figure out what it adds as "open with" and what it does not.  Some make no sense.

Been awhile since I did this but if I remember correctly one you click on the xxx.exe file that will open the program it give you the cholce of setting as default or just adding to list.  If it is a work computer you may not have enough permission level to make the change stick.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points