Skip navigation
KaelaisB
Currently Being Moderated

Transfer settings from CS6 to CC

Jul 26, 2013 5:15 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there was an easy way to transfer all my effects, settings and plugins from CS6 to CC. I have an 27in iMac (just to give you an idea of what my operating system is).

I want to transfer all my settins from CS6 to CC but cant see an easy way to do it. I have loads of stuff that I need to transfer over including all the Red Giant plugins and don't want to spend the million hours thats going to take. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 4:20 PM   in reply to KaelaisB

Check your Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/Media core directories for 3Rd party plug-ins. Copy them from CS6 to CC or create an alias.

Plug-in's done.

Check your Documents/Adobe/After Effects CS6 folder. Copy the contents to CC or create an alias. Pre-sets done.

If you can't see the root Library file in Finder try using the Go To Folder link from the Go menu in finder and enter /Library

That should do it for most things.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 5:16 PM   in reply to Rick Gerard

Rick's suggestion regarding an alias is what I use for plug-ins, animation presets, and scripts.

Preferences don't transfer from one version to the next (though we're working on that).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points