Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

audio: advance & play one click? not 2, not FF

Jul 27, 2013 3:40 PM

When I am listening to audio which I want to edit, i want to play a little, advance some, play some etc.

But so far when I click ahead I have to hit the space bar everytime to reactivate the play head.

I just want it to continue playing even when I click ahead to other areas.  Can this be done?

Not interested in fast forward here.

Thanks anyone.

steve z  denver

Replies
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2013 3:45 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

What version of Premiere?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2013 8:03 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

You cant play by mouse clicking at a location.  That woud be a nightmare.

Space bar or JKL in combination with a click.

How hard is it to push a Space Bar?   (I do apologise if you have a physical disability and arer seriously looking for a solution)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2013 8:51 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Seriously  man?

One hand on the mouse and one finger on the spacebar!

Are you trying to save clicks, time or energy?   (I dont see how... any-which way).

Not possible to do anything about mis clicking cos thats entirely down to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to shooternz
    You cant play by mouse clicking at a location.  That woud be a nightmare.

Definitely.  When you manually move the CTI, you need to manually restart playback.  That is the way things should be.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 3:12 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Steve,

There is actually pretty strong support in the pro audio realm for your suggestion. I believe most DAWs have some feature to keep playing even as the playhead is moved to various locations on the timeline. I know Audition does, and it is a very useful tool when reviewing audio tracks. If you decide to go ahead and submit a feature request for this, the place to do so is at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

The Premiere Pro team has always assured us that site is the best place to suggest new features, not here on the U2U forum, and that thorough consideration will be given to all submissions.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to Jerry Klaimon

If you decide to go ahead and submit a feature request for this, the place to do so is at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

The Premiere Pro team has always assured us that.....thorough consideration will be given to all submissions.

Hopefully this one will get ignored for Premiere.  Its too dumb and would not be popular!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 5:50 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Click and double click is already used in Premiere.

How do you want Adobe to implement this just because you wont do something as simple as...

One hand on the mouse and one finger on the spacebar.

I dont get what you are saving or where? 

How exactly do you save on "clicks" considering you have to jump ahead and click anyway?

What do you do when you get to the end of the scroll page?

Audition is an audio only application so it might make sense there but even then..they dont do what you want.    Its Click and Spacebar. as far as I know.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 10:36 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

I really care because I am a video editor (and I also go thru plenty of audio.)

Next...I want to make sure that Adobe doesnt consider a dopey idea just for you.

What you are suggesting would impinge and change the workflow of video editors whose primary goal is to edit VIDEO.

In my 11 plus years on this forum ..you are the only one who has ever suggested changing the Click and Spacebar... yet you have no idea or suggestion  how that could be implemented so that it did not affect video editors. 

I dont think you have even thought this thru.

Let say Adobe gave you a modifier key so the click was enabled to play on.  Welll guess what..you will need to use 2 hands/fingers to do so.

What does youtube and Soundcloud have to do with Video editing?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 6:05 AM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Steve --

Is this what you are looking for? You might want to go to the Audition forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/audition?view=overview and ask them there how it works for them and if they like it.

You might have to click on the image.

This way.gif

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 6:33 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Now you have thought about it.

As I said..you want a modifier key (or a modifier button).  Make a feature request.

No problem with that my self... but not sure how it "saves you 100 clicks".

At the risk of repeating myself...one  can roll through any vid or audio (source or timeline) with a click and a finger on a spacebar effortlessly.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Drinking while editing is a serious offence, sir.  It can result in the untimely death of a project.  (Spring Breakers, just about any SyFy original movie, reality television, etc.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points