Skip navigation
rombina74
Currently Being Moderated

Setting Photoshop CC as Default

Jul 29, 2013 10:45 AM

I am trying to set my photos to open in Photoshop CC. It was set to open just fine in regular Photoshop CS6 but once I installed Photoshop CC I was unable to open my photo's in photoshop unless I opened them in Bridge. I also can't open my InDesign documents unless I open them in Bridge. And I can't open Illustrator at all unless I open it in Bridge itself by adding the Illustrator.exe to my favorites in Bridge and then clicking on it. Is Photoshop CC not able to be the Default for photo's yet, is there a work around that can be done to have my computer register that it's even there to be set as default. Then when I uninstalled Photoshop CC because I WANT my photos to open automatically in Photoshop then when I went to re-install regular Photoshop CS6 it wasn't there to download so I had to reinstall Photoshop CC. Is there a way like I said to have my photos be open and to have my default be set in Photoshop CC?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to rombina74

From your Desktop or inside a folder...

Right-click on a photo.

Select Open with...  Choose Default Program

Select Photoshop CC and checkmark "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

Click OK and you should be set at the Windows level.

Also Bridge CC is a separate companion install for Photoshop CC. Have you installed it yet?

Gene

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 12:11 PM   in reply to rombina74

In Bridge CC under Preferences > File Type Associations, Photoshop CC should be set for picture file types.

If doing this does not work after you reboot your computer,then there is something going on with your setup I am not aware of.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to rombina74
    1. Click Start and type RegEdit (This will open Regeistry Editor)
    2. Browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\op en\command
    3. Modify Key to : "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1"    (Including quotes)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points