Skip navigation
27sirena del mar
Currently Being Moderated

how do i align title slides on same video track?

Jul 30, 2013 8:24 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements_10 #elements_10

i using PrE 10.  i managed to change the background color for titles.  (thank you, ATR!) but how do get the titles slides (tiles?)  to align on the same video track? each time i click text the program makes a new video track and superimposes all the titles.  i tried aligning them by hand but that makes it worse.

in case it matters: i'm a singer/songwriter.  i want to make short videos of my recorded songs using the title feature and animations of my lyrics to put in youtube.  i think i could do this by aligning the lyric lines in several title slide or tiles next to each other with a color background, and then print the video.  or is there a better way to do this? or i cannot do this?   (i'm new to PrE10, i'm use to Adobe Premiere 5.5.)

thank you,

sirena del mar

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to 27sirena del mar

27sirena del mar

The short version, just move the Timeline Indicator to the spot where you want the title and then open the Titler.

When you create a title in the Titler, a title file is automatically placed on the Timeline at the location of the Timeline Indicator.

If you keep the Timeline Indicator in the same place, each new title will be placed on Video 2, VIdeo 3, etc directly above the first title below..

Remember, a title in your case would need to be above the content which applies to it. You can move a title with the mouse cursor as you have been. Or you can move the Timeline Indicator to the spot where you want the title and open the Titler.

Please let us know if that targets the question that you asked. If so, then we can move forward with related aspects of the overall task.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to 27sirena del mar

Also, if you are creating Titles, that follow one another, and want them to align as closely as is possible, I would create an alignment grid (Photoshop/Photoshop Elements would be good for this), and use that on Video 2, extending it over the entire area, where you will be placing Titles. Just remember to Delete that alignment grid, before Export/Share/Publish, so that it does not appear.

This article goes into more detail on alignment grids, and I would create one, similar to the example for PiP (Picture in Picture), down in the article a bit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4319250#4319250

You can use the alignment grid to create your Titles, or can use it to adjust the Position of Titles w/ the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to 27sirena del mar

27sirena del mar

Just a follow up add on....

Premiere Elements assets in this regard should not be overlooked. Please consider the following if it sounds like something that would help you in developing your Premiere Elements 10 Windows workflow with regard to these titles.

delmar.JPG

For what you describe, you have the Premiere Elements 10 Titler Vertical Center and Hortizontal Center for placement of each title. It does not sound that your alignment requirements go beyond that.

Other miscellaneous mini tips...

If you are placing the titles clip by clip, you can use the computer keyboard Page down and Page Up to move the Timeline Indicator from video clip to video clip for which each title is being created.

If you are placing titles in the middle of a clip, you can note the Timeline Indicator timecode time and location above the Timeline or go by pre-decided Shift Alt or Alt key plus arrow nudges to move highlighted clip along the TImeline.

There are Safe Margins in the monitor that can be set up if you think that you need them as temporary guides. But they gain their need related viewing the end product on a TV and the overscan issue.

If it becomes critical to have some sort of line reference, then I use the Premiere Elements Titler Shapes line tool to create a temporary "title" file whose line(s) I can use for the purpose. I do not need to go outside of Premiere Elements to do any of this.

We will be watching for further developments on what works for you. Do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 7:25 PM   in reply to 27sirena del mar

27sirena del mar

We are very grateful for the opportunity to help.

Whatever the age, something new and/or different can be challanging.

You are doing fine supplementing and verifying what you already know. Never doubt yourself and go with what works for you.

We look forward to learning of your progress when you get the chance.

Success with your projects.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points