Skip navigation
GGG90
Currently Being Moderated

Converting a movie to iTunes - Help!

Jul 30, 2013 11:23 AM

Tags: #itunes

Hi! I am attempting to export a movie from Premiere Elements into iTunes in order to sync the movie into an app on my iPad. I have saved it in numerous different formats, however everytime I open the movie with iTunes it is not visible. I am guessing something has been determined as incompatible along the way but can't quite figure out what that is. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to GGG90

GGG90

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what Windows operating system? Do you have a PAL or NTSC setup?

What are the properties of your source media? And, what are you or the program setting for the project preset?

With the information, I will offer some detailed export suggestions for your import of your Premiere Elements movie into iTunes.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to GGG90

GGG90

Are you in the USA or Europe or other. Or, what language did you use to set up your Premiere Elements 11?

NTSC and PAL do not have the same significance for HD as they do for SD, but the frame rates are still important for regional purposes.

So, I would ask, what is your target frame rate?

If you are going for a 640 x 480 frame size in your export, can I assume that what you put on that Timeline has frame size of 640 x 480?

If you go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, what do you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size?

Information requested will expedite matters. I will start my road testing on this with it. But I will try to get in some preliminary mini tests with the information that you have already supplied.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 12:36 PM   in reply to GGG90

GGG90

I just finished a mini road test and had no problem getting my homemade .mp4 into iTunes. Let me give you the details so that we can compare notes:

Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit

iTunes version 11.0.4.4

Premiere Elements 11 project preset = NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080i30

I took the first video clip I came across to import as source media. It turned out to be a DV.AVI Widescreen. Scaled it to the Edit Mode Monitor Space and proceeded.

Export, as per what you tried = Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPod, iPad, and iPhone with Presets = Apple iPad Standard High Quality. I did not change any of the export settings under the Advanced Button of the preset.

Import into iTunes from hard drive save location

Library

Movies

If you have been there and done all that and still do not get your .mp4 displaying, then let us ask:

a. what version of iTunes do you have?

b. do you have Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit or something else?

Please review and then we will decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 1:52 PM   in reply to GGG90

GGG90

That was good news.

Right now I am about 7 minutes away from getting the latest version of iTunes downloaded to my Windows XP 32 bit computer with Premiere Elements 11.So, we will put that testing on hold since it is no longer needed.

But, what was the key to your success that finally got that .mp4 into the iTunes Library/Movies?

Continued success. If you get a chance, please let us know if all went well with the iTunes to iPad phase of the task.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to GGG90

GGG90

Sounds great.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as: