Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

EXPORTING VIDEO PHOTOSHOP CC

Jul 30, 2013 2:44 PM

Tags: #video #timeline #hd_video #exporting-video #photoshopcc

I am new to Video processing in Photoshop, but have used Photoshop since 2006 to process my Photos.

Anyway, I shot quite a lot of video in 1920 x 1024 at 25FPS in my Canon 7D. I the transferred the MOV data across to my Mac.

I then processed each of the scences in Photoshop CC by converting to Smart Object and doing some adjustment layers, I the saved each scene with all layers. After doing this with each scene, I the imported each scene back into a new timeline and added all other data for merging scenes etc.

I am now in the process of exporting the video as a YouTube 720HD, but so far has taken 2 hours for 350mb file lastimg 5 minutes and is only 1/3 way there.

I have Photoshop set to use 90% of RAM.

I have a MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and is top of the range only 2 months old.

Should it take this long to process a video ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2013 4:02 PM   in reply to jasperimage66

I'm not familiar with how PS processes videos, but I did one a while ago and remember it took a while to complete. I'm afraid the HD is adding more time to it. Premiere Pro would be the ideal tool to handle the videos.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2013 8:27 PM   in reply to jasperimage66

One way to speed up the process is to export the video is to set the codec to none or full frame. The computer uses a codec to compress the file to make it smaller, which takes up time.

However because you are not using a codec, you computer must be fast enough to handle the full quailty of the video. If your system is slow, you could end up with missing frames as the computer catches up when saving.

The compromise would be to test the codecs and see if one of them is faster than the one you are currently using.

An alternative. Export your video as a sequence, this is a folder of still images, one for each frame with a sequencial filename. This will allow you to export as many frames as you can for one day, then start up the next day at that frame number.

You can then use any video editor/compositor including quicktime to convert your sequence into a video file.

Before, you try this method, it would be wise to do a test run and make sure you can get from point a to point b. If you export out the stills over several days, then find something wrong, thats a lot of time wasted. That should not happen, but it is better to test the process first, not only that, it will give you an idea of what to expect.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points