Skip navigation
la_chupacabra
Currently Being Moderated

So no gradient on brush strokes?

Jul 30, 2013 9:50 PM

Tags: #black #brush #stroke #cs6 #gradient

Been trying to figure this out for awhile, and google hasnt been much help.

I am using a charcaol brush on a stroke in CS6 and when I pick a gradient it just turns the color completely black. The gradient works if I make the stroke basic though. I am guessing it is not possible for whatever reason? I also tried to recolor the artwork but couldnt find any gradient options in there.

I suppose a workaround would to maybe make a duplicate of the stroke, make it a basic shape and blend the 2 or something?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 3:26 AM   in reply to la_chupacabra

Possible workarounds would depend on what you want to do with this artwork. Does it need to be editable?

If not: expand the brush stroke (Expand apperance) and fill it with a gradient

If you need to edit it, you might consider an opacity mask: Create a normal stroke with a gradient, put it behind the brush stroke and Click on "Mask" in transparency panel. Then invert the mask

You could also create a brush that contains a "gradient" simulated by a blend and then apply that to the stroke.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 6:09 AM   in reply to la_chupacabra

You might simly use two paths one with stroke with a gradient applied and another on top of it with the brush applies and make an opacity mask. editing it in the future is a little tricky but not unmagaeable.

Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 9.08.39 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to la_chupacabra

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers