Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Having Issues with after effects, advice needed

Jul 31, 2013 8:39 PM

Hi I am having some unusual issues and a general question about after effects.The first question is how to remove all the thumb marks that i keep making ever time move the time line indicator down the time line, it auto creates thumb marks that I don't want.

The second issue and this is a odd one is that i have two files 1) about 3 gb and 2) about 5 gb and the 5 gb I cut in half for the final rendering but i come out with a 168gb avi file???

How did I use about 6gb of footage and render it out to 168gb I'm confused.

I am using the general settings, I used avi because my trail version is not showing any other animation type like QuickTime movie (which is what I really would prefer) I don't understand where is all the extra data is coming from.

This file is so big it pauses for a fraction of a second every 2 seconds of footage when played via a player like window media player.

I would love any help.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 9:42 PM   in reply to graytoni2013

Please read the FAQ at the head of this forum. You will find your answer. Anyone trying to do video must understand rendering.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2013 9:07 AM   in reply to Rick Gerard

First, I very strongly recommend that you start at the beginning and take the time to work through these basic materials to learn After Effects:

http://adobe.ly/bjBT3P

Your questions show a lack of basic terminology, so it's going to be very hard for us to help you until you learn at least enough so that we're using the same language.

Regarding QuickTime: You need to install QuickTime. You can get it from the Apple website.

Regarding large output files, heed Rick's advice and use the FAQ list for this forum, specifically this item:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684381

Finally, it sounds like you've turned on auto-keyframing. If so, turn it off.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points