Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

audio streaming (upload) question

Aug 1, 2013 12:30 PM

Tags: #version #audio #apache #capture #external #ams

I'm new to AMS. I have the Starter version at the moment. I have three basic questions:

(1) The only thing I need at the moment is audio capture from a mic. What technology is invoved in this? RTMP, HTTP streaming, RTMFP... there are too many of terms.

(2) If I want to allow for a maximum of 100 simultaneous audio capture sessions, what version of AMS would I need?

(3) I'm trying to configure an external install of Apache (on linux) to work with AMS, but is struggling without good documentation. Does Adobe have something for me to look at. A sample httpd.conf for CentOS would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2013 11:07 PM   in reply to afukada

Hello,

1.       You can use any depending upon the method you’d use. RTMP – is a unicast way of delivering your content meaning that every audio stream that goes to the server needs to be duplicated on the server side for each receiving client. RTMP is enabled by Flash Player. HTTP – same as RTMP delivery-wise but also enables non-Flash enabled devices (e.g. iOS) to view your content. RTMFP – is a multicast way of delivering your content meaning that every audio stream is managed between interested peers without a server having to duplicate every stream.

2.       Standard version will suffice although if you go RTMFP route you’d need the Professional one.

3.       https://knowfms.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/how-to-set-up-your-external-a pache-for-hds-and-hls/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2013 4:17 AM   in reply to afukada

In your original post you never mentioned you'd use SSAS (Server-Side ActionScript). The only 3 signed apps are live, livepkgr, and vod which you'd go a bout either customizing or duplicating. What exactly are you trying to achieve with your server-side code?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points