Skip navigation
anderama86
Currently Being Moderated

Main menu loops infinitely when animated transitions are in place

Aug 2, 2013 8:57 AM

Tags: #mac #preview #transition #menu #loop #dvd #animation #cs6 #building #isox

I am building an DVD in Encore cs6. My first play main menu has a ten second intro animation after which the loop point for the menu itself kicks in. The main menu duration is aprox a minute.

There are two buttons on the main menu, one linking to another menu, and one linking to the main feature. Both buttons are supposed to have an animated transition before they reach their targeted destination. The transition between the main and video works fine. However, when the transition is added between the main and the second menu there is a weird complication. When that transition is in place the preview of the disk shows it infinitely looping the initial ten second animation, never actually landing on the main menu itself.

I have tried using different menu templates, as well as transition files (including the main to video which works on the other button so I know it's functional.) What I really don't understand is how a transition that should only be linked to a button action is possibly affecting the loop point of the main menu.

I have gone so far as to unintall encore and reinstall then build the project from scratch. Sooooo frustrated. Any thoughts you might have as to the possible problem would be helpful

working on a mac pro OSX 10.8.4

2x 2.26 GHz Quad core

14GB Memory

Adobe Encore CS6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to anderama86

I agree that is odd.

Please post a screenshot of the flowchart.

You are looking only at the Encore preview?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to anderama86

I've seen weird things like this when using Encore's built-in preview.  Burn a disk and use that for quality control.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points