Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Black frame around clip?

Aug 3, 2013 9:29 AM

Hello

I have a movie clip (saved as a .mov file) and I have noticed that it plays with a black frame around it whether I play it on the desktop (WMP) or on a DVD. The original VHS (C) tape fills the whole TV screen (there is no black frame) and I wondered how I may remove the black frame.

These are my export settings

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime

have Presets = PAL DV

under the Advanced Button/Video Tab set

Video Codec = H.264

I then change the frame dimensions as follows:

Frame Width = 768 pixels

Frame Height = 576 pixels

Frame Rate = 25 frames per second

Field Type = Progressive

Aspect = Square Pixels (1.0)

For DVD, I choose PAL Dolby (not widescreen).

Thank you.

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2013 9:52 AM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve

Please remind me, what is the project preset for this project for which you now are showing the PAL H.264.mov export settings?

Was it NTSC DV Standard or PAL DV Standard?

And what were the properties of what was on this particular project's TImeline....720 x 480 or 720 x 576?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2013 9:42 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve

I have been researching  your question further since I believe that what you are encountering goes to players rather than the specific video files that you are producing.

Windows Media Player has a long history of users not getting a video that fills their screen even when the player is set for "Full Screen". I have been reading through various fixes and still trying to figure out which ones if any really address the matter.

Have you looked at your H.264.mov with QuickTime player. Of all the choices for your H.264.mov, I think it probably gives the best presentation. I am not sure if the VLC Media Player offers any answers in this matter.

Here is some of the things I have been coming across

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/727662

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/mo vie-video-on-windows-media-player-12-will-not/8f35bbc4-1b49-4e4e-9b5b- b88485eb6143

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points