Skip navigation
BronsonHilliard
Currently Being Moderated

Video clips in comps are not rendering out of render cue?

Aug 3, 2013 3:20 PM

First time poster here... new to the forum.

I previous successfully created a show title sequence using a template where I chose to right click on the image placeholder and choosing set proxy file to the new video that replaces the template image.

All is well when previewing, video files play embedded in the comps, and look great but when I go to render out the .mov file the video disappears from the file leaving only the text and effects.

I figured out a solution about 6 weeks ago that enabled me to complete the first title sequence but am having trouble again and cannot recall exactly how to repeat the solution.

Any thoughts?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to BronsonHilliard

I am replying to my own post... different user name because I could not get into my other account.

Two solutions:

1. I found an old text I sent to a friend where I found the previous solution.  In the render settings the default box is checked "use no proxies" so that is why the video files were not rendering out. Uncheck that box and you're good.

2. Open the comp in Adobe Media encoder and render it out there... preview window shows proxies being embeded in preview window!

Hope this helps someone new to After Effects from banging their head against the wall in the future.

Cheers,

Bronson

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2013 6:41 PM   in reply to MBH7873

Just to further clarify your own answer, Proxy files are, by default, not rendered when output.   Proxies are designed to be used as a temporary substitute of a more complex resource/comp to save render time during the design phase, or as a temporary substitute for a resource that is not yet available.  As you have discovered, you can choose to render WITH proxies enabled within the render settings of the Render Queue.

But there is a problem with your workflow here, I think.  If you want to use a footage replacement permanently, for designing AND rendering, then there's no reason to use a proxy at all.  Use "Replace Footage" for the item in the project window, rather than setting a Proxy, and you don't need to worry about what will and won't render.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points