Skip navigation
Trevor Dennis 5,930 posts
May 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 Dynamic Link to Photoshop CC

Aug 4, 2013 3:02 AM

This seems such an obvious question, but I have searched without request:

Until two days ago I had Premiere Pro CS5, CS6 and CC installed, but I was having problems with the CC Application Manager not recognising apps as installed when they were.  So I was advised to remove the old versions (I also had to remove Photoshop CS6 and InDesign CS5.5), and reinstall the application manager - which I did, and the AAM now has all its ticks in the right places. Except of course, I now don't have Encore!  So I reinstalled PremPro CS6 (a three hour job with my rural NZ connection).

My problem now is that if I try a Dynamic Link from Encore CS6 to Edit in Photoshop, I get this error message:

Encore  Error Meesage.JPG

I'm guessing this is because Encore CS6 does not know about Photoshop CC, and that I could fix it by reinstalling Photoshop CS6?  Another three hour download   So can I somehow make Encore CS6 use Photoshop CC, or am I misinterpretting the error message?

Many thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 4, 2013 3:56 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

In windows did you set .psd to open with Photoshop CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

>guessing this is because Encore CS6 does not know about Photoshop CC

I have read that PProCC will not dynamic link to EncoreCS6, so I will also guess that you are right... dynamic link only works between the same versions

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to John T Smith

dynamic link only works between the same versions

That is true, but the "edit in photoshop" is not that kind of "dynamc link." Another user reported that tech support got Encore CS6 and Photoshop CC working. In looking back, he did not clearly say that he had tried what Ann recommends.

Trevor, let us know, as I think many users are going to run across this issue.

I think it is most likely to occur when CC installed, and then Photoshop CS6 is uninstalled.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 5:51 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

open it in CC,

Encore can have problems when you edit menus outside Encore, rather than using the "edit in photoshop" option. You're fine as long as you ikmport the revised menu as a new menu, but that kinda defeats the purpose.

So yes, let Encore use PS CS6 for now.

We need a way to fix this....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points