Skip navigation
Sander Dokonimo
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 on Mac: Layers in certain folders are not selectable

Aug 5, 2013 7:30 AM

Tags: #bug #layers #select #cs6

The problem occurs when trying to select a layer on my canvas that is not in the folder I am currently working in.

So let's say I have 2 folders named folder 1 and folder 2. When I'm working on some objects in my document that are in folder 1, it all works. Yet when I try to click and select an object on my canvas that is located in folder 2 I won't be able to select it. As if it would be locked. When I go to my layers pannel, and click on 'folder 2', It normally selects all the layers in that folder and I can select everything in there. (Until I click on something that is in 'folder 1, in which case I won't be able to select any object on my canvas again.)

It almost seems like a preference, but I haven't been able to find anything that warrants this as an (annoying) feature.

Any help would be much appreciated.

On MacBook pro: OSX 10.8.3
Fireworks CS6: 12.01.1.274

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to Sander Dokonimo

I haven't been able to re-create such a problem. Are you able to select any object on screen no matter which layer it's in? One object is selected at a tie unless you use the shift key to select another at the same time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points