• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Toolkit for CreateJS built in to Flash CC?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error if I try to install Toolkit for CreateJS (see attached screengrab).

As FlashCC is version 13 I wonder if this is now built in somewhere. If so, where?

I'm trying to replicate the export FLA file from InDesign as shown in Terry White's tutorial here: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-suite-podcast-designers/go-from-indesign-cs-55-to-html-5/

Or is there another way of doing this now?

thanks

Screen shot 2013-08-06 at 11.23.30.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first problem is - you're in the Flash Player forum, and Extension Manager CAN'T install anything for Flash Player.
The second problem is - this ISN'T even a Flash Professional question - it's an Extension Manager question, that could possibly be answered in the Flash forum, but not likely. http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites/extensionmanager
My rant not withstanding, the problem you're seeing is either caused by the extension you're installing NOT being the proper format for Extension Manager CC to encode, or it likely was designed for Flash CS6 and NOT CC.

The first problem (trying to install an MXP extension in CC) can be corrected from within the Extension Manager, see: http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/dreamweaver/convert-mxp-zxp/index.htm for how to change an MXP to a ZXP if that's the case. If you successfully convert the extension and it STILL won't install, it's because it was designed or Flash CS6 and ONLY CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the rant 🙂

I wasn't aware I was in any particular forum - I just click an Adobe page to ask a question - and it's not clear where the questions is being posted.

But that aside, I suspect it is a CS6 only script. trouble is, Flash CS6 isn't available in Creative Cloud! So you would assume that Flash CC has this built in somewhere. Or maybe I have to try Edge. WHo knows. It would help if Adobe posted infomation to make it clearer - i.e. they create a link from Wallaby (the original labs extension) to the actual rlease product. They could easily put a note there to say this won't work with Flash CC or that this is now incorporated in Flash CC (if it is).

Ah well. I'll keep trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agthink wrote:

trouble is, Flash CS6 isn't available in Creative Cloud! So you would assume that Flash CC has this built in somewhere.

They could easily put a note there to say this won't work with Flash CC or that this is now incorporated in Flash CC (if it is).

Flash is on its way out, THAT's why the first CC build is the "end of the road" for it - Fireworks too after the initial CC build.

Because of HTML 5 and smartphones taking a larger share of web use, Flash is outdated and Adobe can't see continuing support for it anymore.

"It's the responsibility of the extension developer to put compatibility notes and warnings up." I've tried for years to argue that and the same answer always comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is built into Flash Pro CC under the Window menu, and there are some tutorials on Adobe TV.

McBlob, Flash is not dead, it is still very relevant.  Many, many games and apps are built in Flash and e.g. compiled with Adobe AIR to a host of platforms. And now Flash exports HTML5 via JSCreate.  Flash may not be present in its native form as much as it once was, but it is still powering many applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seano7200,

You obviously DON'T do any kind of web design work or you'd KNOW BETTER. Ask about building a Flash website or a Flash menu in the Dreamweaver forum and then, sit back and watch all the "Sure, if you want NOBODY to ever visit your site" responses you'll get. I'll even chime one or two in myself if it'll make you feel better.

Look:

iOS doesn't support Flash and NEVER HAS - iPhones are now the majority of all smartphones in use.

Android no longer supports Flash - #2 in smartphone use today is Android (Samsung)

Kindle Fire (#1 selling Tablet) DOESN'T support Flash anymore - Neither does the Samsung Galaxy or iPad.

YouTube is converting ALL videos on their site to HTML5 (M4V or MPG) over the next several months - no more FLV.

Very relevant - my  butt.

Games is one thing. The Internet is another entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines