Skip navigation
Jesse_Caverly
Currently Being Moderated

Uploaded through Bridge CC photos from my camera; went through the motions, not paying attention, bu

Aug 7, 2013 4:17 PM

Uploaded through Bridge CC photos from my camera; went through the motions, not paying attention, but it did NOT save 'em where I usually save 'em; how can I ask Brindge or just the Mac Finder the last files I downloaded & where I saved 'em too? Oh, yeah, it ERASED the photos from my camera. I basically just need to ask my Mac (OS 10.8) where I downloaded 'em to. Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to Jesse_Caverly

Hi Jesse,

Not sure if this is the best way, but the first thing that came to mind for me was to start another transfer process and see where the target destination is this time around. It would probably have the same setting as before.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2013 11:33 AM   in reply to Jesse_Caverly

Hi Jesse,

I see you can bring up the Photo Downloader from the file menu File > Get Photos from Camera (even without a camera connected)

I'm not aware of any way of seeing a history of past save locations for past imports inside Bridge but I've moved the post to the Bridge forum specifically, so if there is, maybe someone else that knows will chime in.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to Jesse_Caverly

Just a note:  the best workflow is to download files through a card reader, determine that all files transfered correctly (did they build a thumbnail), then put card back in camera and format.

To do otherwise can lead to problems down the road.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2013 5:34 AM   in reply to Jesse_Caverly

Uploaded through Bridge CC photos from my camera; went through the motions, not paying attention,

I'm not sure I do follow this, what do you mean with motions? can you specify this?. I assume you used Photodownloader? BTW, Not paying attention is usually not the best way when importing images...

but it did NOT save 'em where I usually save 'em; how can I ask Brindge or just the Mac Finder the last files I downloaded & where I saved 'em too?

When you import files they are written to your disk and therefor no need for save them, the files are already at your disk or written to the location you choose as destination. You could select your computername in the navigation column and then use the list view and choose the column last modified but this is not always showing the correct result. You could also do a spotlight search (or use the free Easy Find you can download from Devon) and choose to search for the extension you have shot your files in (Raw, jpeg??) and then choose modification date to sort.

There is not a log (at least not to my knowledge) that keeps track of all of your movements unless you have installed such application (don't know if there is one but I think there will be a thrid party or script written by someone). You could try Console (in the utilities folder) that holds your logs and reports but this is usually for crash or forced quit situations.

Oh, yeah, it ERASED the photos from my camera. I basically just need to ask my Mac (OS 10.8) where I downloaded 'em to. Thanks!

Well, this would mean you would have first select the option to do so in Photodownloader. While I use PDL on a daily base I always thought this option should not even be present to choose and you certainly should not use it to delete originals.

Like Curt already stated you have to use the camera software for this with the card in the camera. Either delete but preferable format the card. Mind you, this should not be done before you are sure where your files are written to and after you have checked randomly to see if the previews have build correctly for the newly imported files. Then you should make a back up of those files and only then start thinking about erasing or formatting the card for new use.

If you have not done very strange things (like choosing the card as destination but if so they might still be there- check finder in column mode- or wrote them to an external disk - where they also still should be) the files should be somewhere at your system. Just do an extensive search and if the files are really important check for recovering software for your card.

And follow the steps described above for importing, sometimes we need to learn our lessons the hard way (and I have been there too...)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points