• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does RH 8 WebHelp generate the entire help file project?

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

RoboHelp HTML 8: version 8.0.2.208

Single Source Layouts: WebHelp

Why does RH 8 WebHelp generate my entire help file project rather what I specified in WebHelp General (property settings). I have a specified a TOC and Index, I do not want the 'other' content.

Note: No Merged Projects was performed.

Please follow below to get a better/visual perspective.

In reference to figure 1 below, Is there a way to set RoboHelp 8 properties to ONLY generate a sub-folder (outlined in red) instead of the complete master project folder (outlined in green)?

Figure 1.

fig1.jpg

After file generation output reference figure 2 below, noticed the ‘SRC” folder (outlined in green) is generated as well.

Figure 2

fig2.jpg

If I drill-down (double-click) on the folder (see figure 3) you will notice there are 3 sub-folders (outlined in green)...

Figure 3

fig3.jpg

and drill-down again (see figure 4) notice the eight sub/sub-folders (outlined in purple).

Figure 4

fig4.jpg

I only want the help contents (see figure 5) located in my “eInvoice” folder that contains three htm files and the ‘eImages’ sub-folder that are outlined in dark blue.

Figure 5

fig5.jpg

THANK YOU!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would I be correct in assuming that you have not placed tags on the unwanted items?

Anything that is not tagged will be included in the build. If you are certain you have properly tagged everything, you need to investigate your build expression.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick response. I did try the Conditional Build Tags on just the files I wanted but that did not work; I did not know I had to tag everything I did NOT want. Let me try again.

Thanks again!

~PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: RoboHelp does write to files that are tagged hence, checkout (ref. Source Control/ClearCase) was required in order to write Conditional Build Tags. RH writes the tag to files as shown below:

Untitled.jpg

Thanks again Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick

This answers a similar question that I need help with but i'm confused. The documentation for RH states this:

Desired Result

All topics to which one tag has been applied

Action

Use the tag name. For example: Tag1

This implies that the single tag action should apply exclusive of all other topics. It seems insane to require us to tag every file in a project. We should be able to tag sets, as with a product name, and produce a single source output based on that one tag?

Am I missing something?

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@starrd – are you working in RH8 or something newer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff:

Sorry did not see this reply come to my mailbox earlier.  I am working in RH10.  Looks like the Conditional Build dialog does specify that it's not exclusive. The help is not clear on that point, but the Single Source Print dialog for conditional builds is.  Frustrating.  With over 3000 topics in our project, it would be nice to tag a specific set and have that set tied to a single source print project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your project organized? It’s easy to add CBTs to entire folders of topics to tag them all in one action. Did you create 3000 topics without any tags & then decide to use CBTs? Usually that sort of thing is plotted out when you start the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

What you are missing (and the help may be missing as well) is that anything untagged is *ALWAYS* included in the build. So if your goal is to only include certain information, you need to tag everything. Then ensure you apply a different tag to the content you wish to include and configure your build expression to be an inclusive one.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp