Skip navigation
buidlmacha
Currently Being Moderated

CC Bridge encountered a problem, why can't i fix this?

Aug 10, 2013 10:42 AM

Opening bridge brings up CC Bridge Problem.JPG

Trying to purge the cache in preferences makes Bridge lock up, it shows "Building criteria..", is totaly unresponsive to any klick commands, and can only be shut down in Task Manager.

Ever time I open bridge, it opens the last folder I encountered the problem with, and I have not found a way to fix this yet.

I can't get into the application folder where the cache resides, because Windows 7 has a default tendency to lock you out of certen places in the operating system.

Please has anyone an answer on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Oskar F. Neuhold

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to buidlmacha

You have to go to user/AppData/roaming, which is a hidden file.  Turn on option to view hidden files in Windows Explorer.  Delete the cache files.  They will rebuild.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2013 1:34 PM   in reply to buidlmacha

buidlmacha wrote:

I had to move the folder CC Bridge locked up on, out of the location it looked for when opening, in order to use bridge and navigate in it.

Here is the strange situation: To test Bridge I open random folders from random locations, and at first it seemed to work fine, until I stumbled upon another folder which made bridge lock up just as before.

If you move Bridge, or any other program, from default installation location you can have problems.  If you move after installation you will have problems.

Look closely at the folder that makes bridge to lock up.  THere is a file in there that is corrupt.  Isolate which one.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2013 4:38 PM   in reply to buidlmacha

Even though it is now a seperate download it should work same as CS6 Bridge.  The only problems seem to be with getting Output Module working.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2013 6:39 PM   in reply to buidlmacha

Bridge is just a file browser, so unsure how you would use a NIK plugin.  Also, scratch drive is for Photoshop.  Bridge uses a cache for thumbnails.  And yes the faster the HD or using SSD will spead up cache writing.

If using external drive for scratch do a test, some say not all USB 3's are equal and connection and drive should have 100 mb/sec throughput.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 11, 2013 7:41 AM   in reply to buidlmacha

I am just grasping for straws, to get to the bottom of this. Right now CC Bridge is useless, because I never know when cache can't be accessed and freezes the whole operation.

For NIK try both these links if you have not already done so and be sure to have the latest versions installed:

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/3212033?hl=en&ref_topi c=3000839

https://plus.google.com/+NikPhotography/posts/iWmXLsBhhii

As for Cache, if you double check you have deleted the cache file manually and followed other remarks Curt made you should be able to run a Bridge CC with a clean cache file. Also double check for hidden cache files in your folders (menu view / show hidden files) and look for Bridge CacheT files. They can be conflicting and are the result of the setting to write cache to folders when possible. A setting that did more harm then providing productivity to my opinion...

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 11, 2013 8:33 AM   in reply to buidlmacha

but I was hoping somebody would come up with a new angle. 

Sorry, don't use NIK and am on a Mac.

On a Mac you can also delete a plist file from the preferences in the User library, together with manual deleting cache and resetting prefs (for Win hold cntrl while restarting Bridge) and this is the hard way to reset Bridge to factory defaults and solving almost all problems, including problems with start up scripts.

However I don't know the Win equivalent. There is a very long thread about building criteria keeps hanging (mostly Win) but I never have experienced this.

An other alternative would be uninstall using Adobe Cleaner tool but that would be your last option and only if you are sure NIK itself should work with Bridge CC. I did not hear it doesn't but that does not proof it will work neither I'm afraid…

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2013 11:07 AM   in reply to buidlmacha

While purging cache with reset preferences works for most, there are still times one has to go into AppData/Roaming and delete cache files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points