Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Search in collections

Aug 11, 2013 9:13 AM

Tags: #bridge #search #collection #keywords

Hi,

I've some (manual created) collections in Bridge CS5. How can I search within such a collection? I want all photos, that have Keyword1 AND Keyword2.

The standard filter doesn't provide an AND-connection between multiple keywords (only an AND-connection between dirfferent parameter).

Thanks

Konrad

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to km79

In Find you can select "any criteria met" which is like an OR statement, or select "all criteria met" which is like an AND statement.

With Filter you can only bring up one keyword.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to km79

Probably because a collection is not a folder with images in it.  A collection is just a bunch of addresses telling Bridge where to look to display the images in the collection.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 12, 2013 12:51 AM   in reply to km79

But within Collections the Find-Dialog seems to be disabled and could not be opened

Like Curt states, a collection is only a bunch of aliases referring to the original files. You best shot for a collection will be to create a smart collection (bringing up the same Find command) and with the plus sign select an extra key word search, enter both wanted keywords and be sure to include the main folder for your images for sorting (to include all files) and hit OK.

This creates a new (smart) collection with the files you want.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points