Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CC apps for Windows Surface RT?

Aug 12, 2013 2:31 PM

Tags: #windows_surface_rt

I am trying to download Photoshop on the desktop of my Windows Surface RT but I keep getting a messagee the I can only download it on a PC, which it is. When I called technical support I was told to download photoshop touch which is only available for ios and android operation systems. My PC/ tablet operates under Windows 8 so I don't understand why it is not recognized as a PC. How can I solve this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 12, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to jshelt7

There are two very different versions of Microsoft Surface: RT and Pro.

Surface RT runs Windows 8 RT (a special tablet version of Windows 8 designed exclusively for tablets) which can only run apps available for purchase via the Windows Store. It won't run the full desktop version of Photoshop.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/apps#Cat=t1

Adobe Photoshop Express is designed to run on Surface RT.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/adobe-photoshop-express/c0 8a0d72-28a1-465a-9e70-6a5b80b44d60

Surface Pro runs full Windows 8 and can run full Photoshop and most other desktop apps which run on Windows 8. It also runs Windows Store apps.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to John Waller

John,

Thank you for that detailed information. I have been seeing an uptick in Tablet questions, and think that you have provided some useful info for Tablet owners.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I think Microsoft has greatly confused the consumer marketplace with RT and Pro.

The differences have been poorly explained by Microsoft and I'm certain that some people who buy RTs are under the mistaken impression that they have Pro capabilities.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 12:53 PM   in reply to John Waller

If I download the android version of photoshop touch on my windows surface 1 will it work???

I understand that Photoshop Express is designed to run on Surface RT but it SUCKS in comparison to photoshop touch.

When I signed up for creative cloud I was told that I would have acess to touch apps for free.  This is obviously a lie since you have to pay to download the touch apps.  I read that theres a special promotion that gives you a free month of creative cloud if you have a year membership, buy 3 specified touch applications and register them..... But this is not possible since there is no longer even 3 supported on the list 

Qualifying Touch Apps

• Photoshop Touch for Android
    • Adobe Ideas for Android
    • Adobe Collage for Android
    • Adobe Proto for Android
    • Adobe Debut for Android Adobe Kuler for Android
    • Photoshop Touch for iOS
    • Adobe Ideas for iOS
    • Adobe Collage for iOS
    • Adobe Proto for iOS

Im really disappointed in Adobe

So can the surface run android versions of Apps????

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points