Skip navigation
beaskelley
Currently Being Moderated

Moving a block of clips, and other questions

Aug 14, 2013 5:14 PM

Tags: #11 #premiere_elements_11

How can I move a block of clips, such as highlighting and then cutting and pasting 3 clips from one place to another place and keeping them together?

Also - how can I open  a gap between clips in the video (insert a gap) to give me open space to easily insert clips?

When I try to insert a gap, I end up stretching clips and making them larger, losing some, etc.

Also - is there a way to move clips by typing in the minutes/seconds instead of manually dragging?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2013 6:45 PM   in reply to beaskelley

beaskelley

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running? So generalizations for now.

A.

1. With the mouse cursor draw a rectangle around the clips involved to select them.

2. Edit Menu/Copy

3. Move the Timeline Indicator to a clear location

4. Edit Menu/Paste

B.

Adding clips to the Timeline, hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you drag you new clip to its place on the TImeline. Release the mouse first and then the Alt when done. Watch for changes in the tip of the mouse cursor.

C, Drag clips to the Timeline.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2013 6:23 PM   in reply to beaskelley

Bea

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

We look forward to the opportunity to help if needed.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points