Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

RE: Camera Raw and Smart Objects

Aug 15, 2013 9:04 AM

Hello Everyone.

I have a question please.

Inside the Camera Raw 8.1, Inside the Workflow Options, I Checked the Box for Open In Photoshop as a Smart Objects.

I noticed Inside the Camera Raw, Open Image box turn to, Open Object box.  I click on open, and It opened the Image as a Smart Objects Inside the Photoshop.

If I make any changes to the Image, and If I Double Click on the Smart Object, It will Open In Camera Raw again which Is good.

I also noticed If I do any changes to the Image Inside the Camera Raw to the Smart Object after clicking on Open Smart Objects I see the changes Inside the Photoshop also.

But If I do any changes to the Image Inside the Photoshop,and later I Double Click on the Image the Image opens Inside the Camera Raw, without any changes.

This Is my question: The Smart Object Image Is still a Raw Image ?

This Is my next question:

I know If I open a Raw Image Inside the Camera Raw, and If I click on Done, the image is still a Raw Image, which Is good, and If I click on Reset Bottom, It will reset It back. If I only change the White Balance  and Click on  Done and go back to the Camera Raw again, and I choose As Shot, the Image goes back the  Original Raw file.

But If I do other changes such as the exposure, any color change, and click on done I can never go back to the original..

In the past month I been working with the Lightroom, and I noticed if I open a Raw image Inside the Lightroom, and do any changes to that Image,,  any time I can click on the Reset and the Raw image goes back to its original.

I don't think we can do this with Camera Raw can we ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to animationlife

Hi animationlife

I don't know anything about Smart Objects,never having worked with them,but I can answer the second.

In Bridge, you can right-click on the icon in the upper-right portion of your Camera Raw image, select Develop Settings > Clear settings to return the image to the original unadjusted state.

Develop Settings is also under Bridge's Edit menu.

Gene

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2013 11:21 PM   in reply to animationlife

Clear removes the Camera raw settings completely. You will not see the adjustment icon on the thumbnail in Bridge

Camera Raw Defaults will show the icon and double clicking the thumbnail will always open it in Camera Raw with the Default settings.  The Default is "As Shot", which is why you don't see any difference. It's when you choose a Custom Default that you will. It will stay with the Camera Raw file.

See this article by Julienne Kost.

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2009/10/setting_new_camera_raw_default.ht ml

Another difference is with Jpegs. Open a Jpeg in ACR, make an adjustment, click "Done".  Select "Camera Raw Defaults" and it will always open in ACR instead of Photoshop.  Select "Clear" and it's a normal jpeg that will once again open in Photoshop.

Basically that's about all I know, I normally don't use ACR much.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points