Skip navigation
nockermensch
Currently Being Moderated

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5.

Aug 15, 2013 3:41 PM

Tags: #actionscript #air3 #4.6 #app_store #iphone5 #launch_image

This issue is really confusing me:

My development ambient is Mac (OS 10.7.5) and Flash Builder 4.6. The project is AS mobile (a puzzle game).

After finally getting over the bureucratic process of having my company approved with Apple, I submited my app to the store yesterday, using Application Loader. A minute or so after the upload, the app's status on iTunes connect changed to invalid binary and I got an email with the error's description:

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. New iPhone apps and app updates submitted targeting iOS 6 and above must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier immediately following the <basename> portion of the launch image's filename. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS App Programming Guide.

Looking for a solution, I got the guides that tell you to make a 640x1136px Default-568h@2x.png picture and place it at the project root. I did that, recompiled, re-submited and got exactly the same error again.

I've been reading about what can still be wrong. In the process I upgraded the air framework I'm using from 3.5 to 3.7 (3.8 didn't work with an ANE the project uses, so I reverted to 3.7), tried to place the image on landscape, tried to change the color depth (it's currently 24bit) without any luck.

Do I need to change something else in the process to send the image? I "know" that if I remove Default.png from the project root and compile the IPA, Apple's Application Loader accuses that the Launch Screen is missing and refuses to make the upload, so it seems that the images are in the right place. I've read that in Flash Professional you need to update a xml to reference the image, but there's no place to reference the launch images on the application.xml my project uses. The icons are described there and work correctly.

I'm really at the end of my wits here. Any help, specially from someone who already got over this problem, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 21, 2013 12:48 AM   in reply to nockermensch

I spent one full day on it and my app is now "Waiting For Review"

I hope this can help you :

Flash builder 4.6

Air 3.7

I did 3 things, don't know which one it the correct:

1) Add this to your MySplashScreen.mxml

<s:SplashScreenImageSource dpi="320" minResolution="1096" source="@Embed(source='../assets/Default-568h@2x.png')" />

2) Add png to root level (I thing this is the right step)  :

adobe.JPG

3) Add png with different name to asset folder (don't know why, I really don't think that is the trick but.... I'm not sure so.)

adobe2.JPG

I hope this can help you !

Best,

Pierre

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers