Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export quality not changing...how to increase quality?

Aug 16, 2013 2:45 PM

When publishing to .swf, changing the jpeg quality does nothing to the final quality or size of the export.

Why is this and how do I increase the quality of the .swf export?

Thanks - really appreciate the help

Replies
  • kglad
    72,357 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 17, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to npags711

what problems are you seeing?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,357 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 17, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to npags711

the quality of what?  bitmaps?

if so, do you mean you're not seeing antialiasing? if so, enable bitmap smoothing.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,357 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 17, 2013 4:06 PM   in reply to npags711

ok

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2013 2:38 PM   in reply to npags711

You can individually change the quality by double clicking on the jpeg or png in the Library. From there you can change the settings.Screen Shot 2013-08-18 at 2.37.54 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to Asymetrical

It's an flv that I'm converting to swf so don't think that applies - correct me if I'm wrong...I'm not on the computer with flash cc right now or else I'd check.

I can change in publish settings the jpeg quality but it has no effect as stated.

let me know if I'm wrong...wanted to reply to save time and get other answers/solutions hopefully before I'm able to work on it again tomorrow.

thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,357 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 18, 2013 9:29 PM   in reply to npaglia7

i asked you repeatedly what you were doing and only now you explain.  so, only now is it clear what problem you're having.

do not convert import an flv into flash.  you will always lose fidelity when publishing.

use an flvplayback component to play your flv, or look for a third party converter.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 2:47 AM   in reply to kglad

you repeatedly asked me what I already stated.

Granted, I didn't think to include that it was an flv that I was converting and obviously should've done that...brain fart.

I needed to add clicktag code to the flash ad.

The ad is a video obviously...so I didn't know of any other way to convert the video into a flash format with clicktag other than producing a video directly with flash cc.

But that wasn't going to work anyway I don't think b/c I'm including previously produced video components from premiere pro and adding them to the final advert video.

Any other ways you guys suggest to do what I need to do = take a video and convert it to swf + add clicktag? I tried using a converter to swf and then import into flash cc but just reverted to premiere b/c it was more efficient and didn't notice any benefits of using converter instead

Regarding what you said kglad,

"do not convert import an flv into flash.  you will always lose fidelity when publishing."

I actually gained fidelity after adding clicktag and publishing to swf. So much for that theory.

I want to gain as much quality as possible....that's the original question. In publish settings it makes it seem you can change the quality settings with jpeg but it has no effect...

So again, =

When publishing to .swf, changing the jpeg quality does nothing to the final quality or size of the export.

Why is this and how do I increase the quality of the .swf export?

kglad wrote:

i asked you repeatedly what you were doing and only now you explain.  so, only now is it clear what problem you're having.

do not convert import an flv into flash.  you will always lose fidelity when publishing.

use an flvplayback component to play your flv, or look for a third party converter.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points