Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is the Random Media Encoder CC Mute Problems Fixed?

Aug 16, 2013 2:39 PM

There is a thread about Mute/Solo but here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5592142#5592142

However it has been quite some time since Adobe staff has responded to that thread, so I thought I'd create a new thread to see if it is fixed. Right now I'm wasting alot of time with Premiere Pro CC / Adobe Media Encoder CC as this combination will produce encodes with randomly muted audio tracks, effectively making Adobe Media Encoder unusable. Because I and other CC users rely on Media encoder for their batch export workflow, I'm wondering if Adobe has addressed the problem in the newest release Premiere Pro CS 7.0.1 (105) or not. Please respond so I can use Adobe Media encoder again!

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to Keith Moreau

It wasn't fixed in the July update (7.0.1?), which added a number of features and a had a few fixes.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to Keith Moreau

I also have this problem. Having to make export one by one in Premiere CC

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2014 1:37 AM   in reply to Keith Moreau

This is causing massive headaches for me, and has wasted me days of work. I have a 12 language, 21 sequence DVD project, with all the languages on one timeline. Initially I used mute and solo to export the various language versions. But, due to whatever bug is going on, only around a third of the audio clips exported properly. Many muted or kept the wrong audio tracks, others muted them all.

So then I had to create 152 sequences from my original sequences, one for each language for the 21 different clips, then going through and deleting all but one lanuage for each (not ideal if there are any changes in timings to the original sequences). I then exported these as dolby digital audio for DVD. No success - only one of the languages exported. The rest just had the music track. So then, I tried exporting AAC audio. Two of them worked, the rest didn't. It seems totally random when exporting from media encoder which tracks actually appear in the final file. Some are muted, some aren't. And it is even different depending on what file format is being exported.

It seems I'm going to have to export, one-by-one, the audio clips from Premiere. 152 times. I don't want to have to, but if Media Encoder can't do the job it's suppoed to do, then as far as I can tell, that's the only alternative. Not happy at all. My CTRL-E fingers are going to get tired.

Can any Adobe staff tell us whether these bugs are going to be fixed at any point?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points