Skip navigation
lightworkerpeace7
Currently Being Moderated

New to In Design. How do I import a book written on a website's forum section?

Aug 17, 2013 4:32 AM

I wrote a book using a website's phpbb forum section. Now I want to simply copy and paste it into In Design (if that's the best way to go about it).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2013 5:22 AM   in reply to lightworkerpeace7

For photos, you can mouse right click Save Image AS ... but most of image on the internet it's a low resolution.

You can also mouse right click Copy Image and then paste on indesign document, but there no link for this image on Links panel.

I suggest to get the orignal images if possible, becuase you can edit and control it's resolutions depend on what you want when printing (press, web, onscreen).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to lightworkerpeace7

Did InDesign fail to paste them, or did you fail to apply a font that actually contains these common symbols?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2013 6:08 AM   in reply to [Jongware]

Check Type>Glyphs>Webdings &Wingdings fonts, there’s many symbols on that fonts, it may resemble some symbols you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2013 6:31 AM   in reply to lightworkerpeace7

Indesign is professional layout software, and your workflow is a long way from the norm for professional users. Like most professional-level tools it requires a bit of learning. That said, check your preferences for clipboard handling and be sure that you have enabled pasting all content.

As far as pasting images, however, ID is first and formost a toll for PRINT layout, and the pasting of high resolution images required for satisfactory printed output is a poor workflow, resulting in file boat and an inability to edit the image if necessary. The preferred method of adding graphical content is to import it using File > Place..., which provides ID with a link to the location of the original artwork that adds only a few bytes for any size image, and ID creates a preview image to display on screen while using the actual image for output. This also allows you to edit your artwork later and update the InDesign file to reflect the changes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points