Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I loop a section of sound and animation not at the beginning of the animation?

Aug 17, 2013 1:01 PM

Tags: #problem #help #not #flash #to #loop #how #animation #cs6 #question #middle #beginning

Hello, I am a total Flash noob hoping to get something done reliatively quickly. I am using Flash Professional's CS6 trail version for this purpose. However I am a bit unsure of how to work this loop button. What I am attempting to do is create a little interactive game. I'd love to have the opening be a title animation that plays just once and then comes to a section of music and 2 buttons ("play" and "how to play") that will loop until the player decides which to click. When I used the loop tool, it created a section for me to drag around. I dragged it to include the sound and animation for the section I want looped. However, when I tried to play the animation from the beginning, it skipped the opening and went straight to the looped part. Plus it totally didn't loop. I am quite inexperienced and still trying to learn, how might I get the Flash to play from the beginning and then rech the looped section and have it loop continuously until someone pushes the button? None of the tutorials I have seen so far covered this and if it involve entering code then I am at a loss. Thanks for any and all help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2013 2:45 PM   in reply to Christine Ewert

What you seem to be describing could be done using a movieclip for the looping animation.  Create a movieclip symbol and build that looping animation with the sound inside of it.  Then plavece that in a frame at the end of the main timelines animation.  If you place a stop() command in that frame as well then the main timeline will stop there and the looping animation (movieclip) should play on its own continuously.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2013 4:00 PM   in reply to Christine Ewert

You're welcome Christine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers