• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 Installation failure due to missing file

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had downloaded Photoshop CS2. It installed up to within a minute of completion, then stalled. The message read: "Required file missing. Step failed: run postflight script for Photoshop CS2."

What's missing and how/where do I get it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Enrst,

Please find the system requirement to install CS2: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-photoshop.html#main_Older_Vers... .

If your machine meets the system requirements for installing CS2 then kindly download CS2 from the mentioned link : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads and try installing again.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried it once again. Perhaps I am an idiot? The requirements for the OS end at 10.3.8.

I am using 10.5.8, and CS2 ran on it just fine till my hard drive crashed. Is this the problem?

Maybe I should D/L Creative Suite instead of Photoshop CS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Enrst,

Download CS2 from the above mentioned link and try installing from the user account with admin privilage. Please let us know whether it worked.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, friend, what does "installing from the user account with admin privileges" mean? Would you kindly clarify that for this old timer? Around age 70 the brain is always in a "near death" position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean to say is you should have admin privilage to install the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the computer I'm trying to install CS2 on is in my living room (I've owned it for many years) and when my Mac asks for my password I give it. Then my story becomes a repeat -- at one minute to finishing it stalls.

Where to from here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines