• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Adobe Premiere Pro CC I get this error message:

"Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again."

I checked and my NVIDIA GPU is updated

I build this computer from new components:

CPU: Intel 3.4 GHz processor (with Intel HD Graphics)
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 650Ti BOOST (2GB)\

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333

I tried to make it so that Premiere uses only the NVIDIA Card instead of Intel's but it's not working. This might be key to solve the problem. But I don't know how to do that.

P.S. Please don't comment "I have this problem too..." WITHOUT some sort of help. This doesn't help anyone. I noticed this to be a problem with AMD GPU people. BUT help with NVIDIA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS WORKS BUT IT DOES.

I clicked "Properties" and then clicked "Compatibility" and under "Compatibility mode" I checked the box: "Run this program in compatibility mode for:
and selected "Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)". It ran as administrator and it works. It freakin' works....

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did solution 1 and 2. Drivers are up-to-date. Solution 3(a) doesn't help since it's not an AMD GPU. I tried to do the other Solution 3. But I don't know how. I checked the BIOS screen and I can't seem to find the setting to switch from Switchable Graphics to fixed.

Solution 3

Enter the BIOS setup for your notebook and change the setting for Switchable Graphics to Fixed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Launch The Catalyst Control Center (right-click the desktop and choose Graphics Properties).
  2. Click the Power tab.
    Click Switchable Graphics Method.

I don't have a "power tab" and don't have a "switchable graphics method."

BIOS settings don't show any either. I have an AMD RAdeon R7 card
and can't get anything to work

any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it's ok to bring back an old topic cause I tried all of the above and nothing is working.

I don't have a switchable card, only the 5870m with windows 7, i7-720m, SSD, 8 gigs of ram.

I get this exact error message after it takes some time to attempt to start up.

I'm using power4Gear Hybrid so I know all my settings are on high performance including my catalyst is on high performance and anything else.

My laptop can switch to turbo mode with the press of a button.

What do I need to do?

edit - O yea, I'm using premiere pro CC 2014. This topic/thread is on page 1 & rank 1 of google so best to resolve it here.

edit - One last thing, how do I change my display name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to buy a new video card to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my card is too weak O.o

I mean, I know it's 4 years old but I can still play any game in HD at high frames for gaming, but I can't use a video editor? Getting frustrated here.

I downloaded vegas pro trial and it crashes the second I try to launch it (can't find solution on google and no response from support), I tried several free ones but they can't encode correctly. I need something where I can just put in several videos and edit/convert into 60fps h264.

And camtasia.... .not sure why there's a 30fps limit on the stupid program except for mov but I'm not going to convert from mkv, to mov, then have youtube convert it when I upload.

I have a lot of uninstalling to do >.<

I guess I"ll try overclocking. IF that doesn't work I'll give up on premiere. Maybe to 800/1100, should be safe.

ebs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WATCH THIS VIDEO it helped me with even knowing it, it got premiere back working to normal

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you DonDaLegendz. Photoshop can now import videos, and premiere pro starts and works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything to help man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE MY GOD DAMN NUMBER ONE SUPER HERO RIGHT NOW! This actually worked -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>only the NVIDIA Card instead of Intel's but it's not working

Every desktop motherboard I have ever heard of will automatically disable the onboard graphics adapter when a card is plugged in

What is your brand/model motherboard?

Below are laptop discussions which MAY help... especially the one about the BIOS

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1001579

-Use BIOS http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1019004?tstart=0

-link to why http://forums.adobe.com/message/4685328

-http://www.anandtech.com/show/4839/mobile-gpu-faceoff-amd-dynamic-switchable-graphics-vs-nvidia-opti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motherboard:

ASRock Z75 Pro 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, Adobe After Effects works while Premiere doesn't. I'm thinking there is something wrong with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS WORKS BUT IT DOES.

I clicked "Properties" and then clicked "Compatibility" and under "Compatibility mode" I checked the box: "Run this program in compatibility mode for:
and selected "Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)". It ran as administrator and it works. It freakin' works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I am currently unable to use Premiere CC. I am a new CC member and I was able to use Premiere previously, but I don't know which specific version was installed (I've only used it as part of my CC subscription, but it was early.. was that ever using CS6?).

Anyway, Premiere *CRASHES* when this happens. I took a look at it in the debugger just to see what it had to say, but there is nothing obviously relevent (it is apparently just doing some shutdown logic). Here's the call stack just in case someone wants to fix a null pointer exception:

handled exception at 0x01101411 (dvaui.dll) in Adobe Premiere Pro.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000038.

>dvaui.dll!dvaui::ui::UI_Container::DeleteChildren()  + 0x81 bytes
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for dvaui.dll]
dvaui.dll!dvaui::ui::OS_Window::~OS_Window()  + 0x7e bytes
dvaui.dll!dvaui::sharedui::DVAAboutDlog::UI_IsChild()  + 0x604 bytes
dvaui.dll!dvaui::sharedui::DVAAboutDlog::~DVAAboutDlog()  + 0xb5 bytes
Dialogs.dll!DLG::CloseDialog()  + 0x404 bytes
Dialogs.dll!DLG::ColorPicker::UI_ColorPickerControlsContainer::UI_ColorPickerControlsContainer()  + 0x74f80 bytes
Dialogs.dll!DLG::ColorPicker::UI_ColorPickerControlsContainer::UI_ColorPickerControlsContainer()  + 0x4dbf bytes
Dialogs.dll!DLG::ColorPicker::UI_ColorPickerControlsContainer::UI_ColorPickerControlsContainer()  + 0x5009 bytes
ntdll.dll!LdrShutdownProcess()  + 0x1d1 bytes
ntdll.dll!RtlExitUserProcess()  + 0x90 bytes
msvcr100.dll!_get_pgmptr()  + 0x249 bytes
Adobe Premiere Pro.exe!00000000004017f0()
kernel32.dll!BaseThreadInitThunk()  + 0xd bytes
ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart()  + 0x21 bytes

I have been scanning Google and (primarily) these forums for solutions with no success. I've updated my video driver, did the nVidia hack and verified GPUSniffer, logged out of CC, deleted prefs, ran as Administrator, tried Vista and Server compatibility modes, and all permutations of these. Nothing is working. Here is the output of GPUSniffer, for instance:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC>GPUSniffer.exe

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Monitors: 2

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

Monitor 1 properties -

Size: (1920, 0, 1920, 1080)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Vendor: NVIDIA

Capability: 2.1

Driver: 5.05

Total Video Memory: 1024MB

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC>

I am not able to work. This exact machine ran Premiere just fine in the past. I haven't used Premiere since early June.

This is a big problem. The main reason I bought CC was for Premiere, and now I'm locked into it for a year and can't even use the main thing I got it for. Hopefully the devs will soon realize this is not an isolated incident and will fix it ASAP. If it is a system configuration issue of some sort, despite this program working in the past, more logging and information would be tremendously helpful to determine what exactly is going wrong here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this, I'm really in a bind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Properties of what? Your graphics card??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines