Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Spry not displaying in Google Chrome

Aug 18, 2013 10:15 AM

Hi all,

I have used both HTML dataset and XML dataset as a repository and ingest them into the appropriate spry widgets like Accordions and Master-Detail set.

I've noticed that it does not show accurately in Google Chome but looks fine in other browsers. I have posted screen shots for everyone to take a look at the discrepancies as well as a download link at the bottom.

chrome.jpg

Google Chome

ff.jpg

Mozilla Firefox

I have zipped up and you can download from my dropbox account. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q0zpsimbuup6eb/dw_completed.zip.

Thanks for helping me to dissect!

Cheers!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2013 4:30 AM   in reply to clavin007

Adobe announced a year ago that it was no longer developing Spry: http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/08/update-on-adobe-spry-framew ork-availability.html.

Rather than trying to solve problems with an abandoned technology, you might be better advised to use alternative solutions. One possible alternative is to use the HTML5 Data Bindings extension from DMXZone:http://www.dmxzone.com/go/21863/html5-data-bindings. I haven't used it myself, but it's free, so you have nothing to lose in trying it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 10:28 PM   in reply to clavin007

Technologies, Frameworks and function libraries come and go like the wind, unfortunately. Some gain real traction, like jQuery, and others, like Spry, fail to gain the support they need from the developer's community for some reason or none at all.

Keep learning, and adopt a new alternative. Alas, such is the life of a web developer!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:42 AM   in reply to clavin007

Rather than supplying the site in Dropbox, is it possible to supply a link to your site? This will reduce the time it takes to have a look at your problem and possibly give you a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 3:15 AM   in reply to clavin007

clavin007 wrote:

So if that's the case, why does Adobe bother to have the Spry Framework within Github as an unknowing user could just stumble upon it, download, use it and ultimately not supported by Google Chrome?  

I see you've solved the problem, which is good news. But just to answer your point about Spry being on Github, the Read Me file says quite clearly: "The Spry framework is no longer being actively developed by Adobe and no further updates will be made. However, we do encourage you to fork and maintain your own version of this framework."

Spry is on Github for developers to use on an "as is" basis. Adobe has donated the code to the public for others to enhance or expand.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points