Skip navigation
THEBRON_COOL
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 won't open (says 'my online storage is full' on launcher)

Aug 18, 2013 9:01 PM

Tags: #problem #error #adobe #video #premiere #windows_7 #failure #problems #premiere_elements #premiere_elements_9 #elements_9

I have been using Adobe Premiere Elements 9 for quite some time now. I've made several projects in the past, and now all of a sudden it says on the launcher "You've reached your storage space limit. If you'd like to back up, store, share, and access your photos online, please consider upgrading your storage plan." I ignore the notification and proceed to make a new project. After it finishes loading, the editor tab pops up, but pops up blank, and remains blank, and there's nothing I can do about it. I don't want to pay for online storage because it's too expensive and I don't have the money, and I don't know where I can delete what seems to be online files. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the software, but I still get the error message.

I haven't gotten any help at all for my problem. I payed $100 for this and I want to make use of it. This is my last hope. Someone please find a solution for me.

Bronson

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2013 4:59 AM   in reply to THEBRON_COOL

What operating system are you using? Is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your C drive? When did you last run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter?

You are using a three year old version of the program. Did it work in the past and, if so, when did it suddenly stop working?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to THEBRON_COOL

Bronson

I have some ideas to contribute, if needed, after you and SG have worked through your troubleshooting plan.

1. Flushing the preferences

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Make sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

2. Is there any way for you to get in Premiere Elements (Welcome Screen) where you have the "Manage My Account ID" opportunity? What I would like to do here, if the opportunity exists, for you to sign out of your Adobe ID and Password and the sign in.

3. I do not think the following is involved, but please check anyway...

In Search above Start button, type in Administrative Tools. Click on Administrative Tools option at top of left side column. Then click on Services/FLEXnet Licensing and make sure Status = Started and Startup Type = Automatic.

Please review and then let us know if any of the above had any impact on the situation.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Great suggestions, ATR!

The only other thing I'd suggest is opening the Elements Organizer and turning off Online Backup under Edit/Preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 3:45 PM   in reply to THEBRON_COOL

Bronson

Great, great news.

When you get everything together and get a chance, please let us know if it was everything in the list or one particular item in the list that was the key to success?

Thanks for considering our suggestions.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

Also, when "online storage" is mentioned, I first think of the now replaced, Photoshop.com, which included a certain amount of online storage. As Photoshop.com has been replaced by Adobe Revel, I would also suggest checking with the Adobe Revel FAQ's, as they contain instructions for migrating from Photoshop.com to Revel: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 9:40 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

From what I gather from all of the solved above, migration to Adobe Revel was never a consideration. It was just how to get rid of what appeared to be unwanted intrusion into opening process of the program.

Although Bronson has acknowledged (post 5) that the problem is solved, I was curious as to which one (or all) of my suggestions turned things around.

I have found the FAQs on this matter of no avail when this type of situation decides to hit.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Well, since "online storage" was part of Photoshop.com, which was replaced by Adobe Revel, I am not sure why you find the information on migrating from the discontinued Photoshop.com, unuseful.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 6:25 PM   in reply to THEBRON_COOL

Bronson,

Did you have photos stored on photoshop.com? Ever? If so, they probably have all been transferred over to Adobe Revel if you did nothing during the Adobe transitioning from photoshop.com to Adobe Revel.

Right now there is funny business going on with Elements programs with regard to the Adobe ID and Password sign ins. I still do not see an explanation for not being able to sign in, but the program works in spite of this. I have not see Adobe posting any acknowledgment of the problem or its probable involvement in the situation.

When you reported what I thought was success on your side, I asked

When you get everything together and get a chance, please let us know if it was everything in the list or one particular item in the list that was the key to success?

Never did get an answer to that question whether it was one or a combo of my suggestions that got things working at that time. So, answer to that would help especially now when we seem to get back to Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 not working.

Since your report of success on August 19th how long did the success last? Until today or other?

If you have not already, have you repeated the steps that appeared to resolve the issue?

When you went back to using the "fixed" Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, did you get tempted into clicking on any of the photoshop.com/Adobe Revel lures?

Please review the above and then we can decide what next.

Sorry for the setback.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 10:05 PM   in reply to THEBRON_COOL

Bronson

I am just about to call it a day, but saw your reply and wanted to reply briefly.

When you do the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole 9 Folder that the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists in, that file and folder are regenerated, "anew". That is the intent and expectation.

In all of this did you have time to get in any significant about of video editing/exporting that might contribute to the need for computer maintenance of pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files?

What about those Scratch Disks...are they all directed to the same location with enough hard drive space to accept what the program is automatically sending there as it operates? Are those Scratch Disks directed to the Local Disk C or external hard drive? If external hard drive, any problems with drive letter changing?

Have you exhausted the times that you want to flush preferences and deactivate/uninstall/reinstall Premiere Elements 9.0, followed by the 9.0.1 Update? If so, have you given thought (for troubleshooting purposes for now) to downloading and installing the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 11 to determine if you run into the same issues as you have now with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1? Keep in mind that a new version is expected to be released soon. So factor that into any purchasing plans that you might have for Adobe products.

Please update us on your progress.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points