Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Could not checked out the files when RoboHelp 10 works with Sharepoint 10

Aug 19, 2013 2:47 AM

Tags: #file #not #version #out #robohelp #sharepoint #10 #check #control #2010 #could

Hi all,

I followed the page http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS1b49059a33f77726-5aab6 6613798e5ec9b-8000.html

to configure RoboHelp10 and share point 2010. Now I can add project in sharepoint, but when I tried to edit

a topoic file, there is a window pop-out and say:"The files in the list below could not be checked out from version control. Exclusive access to these files is required to modify this document.".

Thanks for your help in advance:-)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to Mac Nie

After you’ve added the project to SharePoint, did you use the Check in all button to check in all files? It may be that some files are still checked out in SharePoint. Open it up in the browser and check in any files still currently checked out.

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 3:01 AM   in reply to Mac Nie

Weird, the article shows the correct steps. The trial is fully functional, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Can you try this: close your project and remove the .CPD file. Then reopen your project and try to check out a file.

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2013 6:03 AM   in reply to Mac Nie

Hi,

You need to have contribute rights for the document library.

Is in SP the content approval enabled?

Can you try the following: Zip up your current project for backup. Then get the entire project fresh from the SharePoint server and open it. Does that help?

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to Mac Nie

Contribute rights means that the user must have rights to add and change items in the library. If you enable version control for the library, the user will automatically have rights to check out and check in.

I’m not sure what’s at play here. If SharePoint works well for everything else I highly doubt that the installation environment is the issue. As long as all SP’s services run and you use the correct ISS version. I’ll ask around if anyone else knows about what might be causing this.

Installing VS may be pain, but you only have to do it once. Personally, I like TFS because you better control and more options in TFS. (Such as associating check ins with change sets.)

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points