Skip navigation
SydandBlue
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 9 Will No Longer Work

Aug 20, 2013 5:46 PM

I can no longer bring up my projects on Premiere Elements 9.  I get a serious error and need to close the software.  Working backwards by going to a project and starting from there, the software starts to load then disappears.  What is happening?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2013 5:57 PM   in reply to SydandBlue

Mac or Windows?

If Windows, see if Display driver http://forums.adobe.com/message/4943624 helps

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to John T Smith

And by "no longer works" do you mean that it used to work but suddenly stopped -- or that it has never worked?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 7:03 PM   in reply to SydandBlue

Did you read the information in the link I posted in reply #1 - and did you find anything to help?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 7:03 PM   in reply to SydandBlue

SydandBlue

Your wrote:

I have a bunch of Premiere video projects I have made over the past several years and now I can no longer retrieve to work on any of them.  I am in windows and on the same laptop as always.

In replying to SG questions could you please include an answer for my question...

"Are the media for these projects that will not open now all in the same computer location as they were when you saved/closed those projects those many years ago? Are they all project.prel files or archived projects (Premiere Elements Project Archiver/Archive or Copy option)?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 8:42 PM   in reply to SydandBlue

SydandBlue

What did you delete when you wrote

I did a search and deleted a bad video text file to see what would happen

Was that the BadDrivers.txt file? And, that helped? Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 was notorious for its display card error messages. The line of defend was

a. make sure that you have your video card driver up to date according to the information at the web site of the manufacturer of the video card.

and, if that does not work, then

b. delete the BadDrivers.txt file (typically a winner to get rid of the display card error message).

Let us get to the matter of how you are opening these older projects. I get curious when you wrote back door in the following description.

I can go into Premiere 9 through the back door now by going to a .pre file and opening it.  Premiere comes up with the project file in the workspace.  I can then start a new project by going up and clicking on File New.

I thought that the problem was that you could not open the old projects. You just said that you just did.

Are you saying that you have a new problem in that you can now open the old projects but not the new. That is why you are going about what you describe to open a new project? What you are calling the "a .pre file" is the project.prel file, correct?

Excuse me for asking, but I do not want to take anything for granted, please confirm that you are not trying to import a project.prel file into another project.prel file and that all you are trying to do it open an old or new project.prel file

a. File Menu/New/Project

or

b. File Menu/Open Project

or

c. Or, right clicking a project.prel file, selecting Open With, followed by Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1

Please do not hesitate to let me know if I am off target here in my interpretation of your results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points