Skip navigation
timmyleeturner
Currently Being Moderated

Do we have to use an Adobe I.D.?

Aug 20, 2013 7:07 PM

Tags: #photoshop #adobe #elements #i.d.

I was wondering if we have to use an Adobe I.D.. I'm installing a different copy of Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements on a new computer.  I'd prefer to not user an I.D. as it apparently phones home.  At work once, I was unable to complete an action because I was not logged in.  Why would we be forced to log in to the internet to use software we purchased?

If I do have to use one, I was wondering if I should create a new one for this new copy or use the same as my other copy?

Thanks

Tim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2013 9:07 PM   in reply to timmyleeturner

You are not required to be online to use PSE, but it must have access to the internet one time after you install it to activate itself, whether you create an adobe ID or not. Also, for PSE 11, much of the content in the graphics panel and many of the templates for create projects are stored online and must be downloaded the first time you use them. After that, they are on your computer and you do not need the internet to use whatever it is again.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 9:20 PM   in reply to timmyleeturner

That just means that PSE was looking for your photoshop.com account. There is no photoshop.com anymore, so just log out where it says "welcome, < your name>". That's all you have to do.

PSE will nag you for a certain period to create an Adobe ID, but eventually it will stop. The adobe ID (which is not the same as the log in) is part of the registration process, but so far it isn't necessary to register PSE if for some reason you prefer not to do so.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 2:45 PM   in reply to timmyleeturner

You can't log in. There is nothing to log in to:

http://barbarabrundage.com/2013/09/16/pse-8-9-10-cant-sign-in-error-40 4/

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

For anything to do with Premiere Elements, you would be best asking in the PRE forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points