Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flex AIR app that has been working for months is now getting HTML errors

Aug 20, 2013 7:16 PM

I have a FLEX AIR app written in Flex 4.6 that has a PHP backend using the Zend Framework. I have several queries to a MySQL database. The app has been working fine for several months now, but starting yesterday, 8/19/2013, I started getting :

"error

NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed"

and

"Send failed

Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed: url: 'http://www.mydomain.com/path/gateway.php'"

I've been using Charles and I keep getting this Failure: "

Remote server closed the connection before sending response header

"

Does anyone know why this would have started suddenly on that date? If anyone is willing to help me, I can show you where you can download the app and you can see what is happening. Please help, this is really hurting our business.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 21, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to iamcootis

If you hit that URL (with the right parameters) from the browser, does it work?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 21, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to iamcootis

Unless I'm not understanding your scenario, another .php file isn't a test of the problem area.

But anyway, ignore my suggestion of using the browser, but it finally clicked that you are using NetConnection.  If it is the timeout, Charles should show no response from the server and then you will need to look at your server side.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points