Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Wedding Video Nightmare!! - I have an ongoing problem with getting the videos to playback correctly

Aug 21, 2013 4:28 AM

This issue has been going on since about 3-4 months ago. Took a while to get familiar with workflow. But now I'm stumped big time and clients are getting impatient.

I will import a encoded video and audio file into encore. (.m4v & .ac3 ) and >new timeline and such

looks great and no issues detected in Encore... it doesn't try and re-encode cause I already set the bitrate to around 20-22kbps

I author a put together a  simple menu and burn to disc.

Crappy result 1:   Put it in the Blu Ray player in the living room and it plays fine for a while and then around 20-30 secs or so I notice 1 single frame of video - half of it is snow..just a flicker of half framed snow. a little time goes by and notice it again.  It may do this through the whole video every minute or sometime 10 minutes...

Crappy result 2 :Another issue is audio just drops out for about 5 minutes and comes back... If I rewind the video and play it back.. it doesn't have audio drop out in the same time in the video.

Crappy result 3

Another issue .... this is from the brides email :

"So i just tried to watch both Blue ray disk. I tried it on 2 different blue ray dvd players. They are both freezing right after the boys pre ceremony part. "

I burned a copy from the image file this bride is complaining about and it played fine through the whole video.

I was thinking maybe I have a bad Blu Ray drive or discs ... however I'm not sure of this cause I do get errors often trying to burn discs direct from encore.

Here's what I have

Blu Ray internal: Asus BW-12B1ST   5months old

Can't tell you what BD-RE I am using at the moment but can someone recommend   Discs and a good Drive? Cause I'm about to go buy new ones and throw these down the crapper

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 21, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to jokcoustou

Try using Encore to burn to a Blu ray folder then use the free imgburn program to burn the discs. This does a much better job of burning the discs and it will also verify them after the burn to make sure they are ok.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to Richard M Knight

What brand of media? That could be a big factor.

Also, is it possible to post a screen shot of the AME encoding settings, to make sure that looks good?

Thank you

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to jokcoustou

I recommend only Falcon Pro blanks, for both DVD and Blu-ray.

They're not the cheapest, but they are the absolute best.  I routinely saw fewer errors on my Falcon burns than I did on my Hollywood pressed disks.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to jokcoustou

Direct link to http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

I use Imgburn for ALL of my disc writing... backup files/folders as well as Encore output

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to jokcoustou

I never burn at the highest speed, always at half speed.

BD-RE can give issues in some players.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points