Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Best strategy for still image sequence?

Aug 21, 2013 1:01 PM

I seem to have tamed the CPU load when editing video files.During PB when the timeline hits a still image sequence, however, the CPU is spiking at around 80 -100%. Should I just create a separate sequence for each still image, render it, then import that rendered sequence into my main project? Seems like an insanely round about way of doing things but if it allows me to move forward...

I'm hoping there is a better way, however.

I'm making progeress in my efforts to learn Premiere, using, "An Editirs Guide.." "VTC" , and "Creative Edge"  but this forum is still a great resource so thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 21, 2013 6:57 PM   in reply to MD Optofonik

How large are the images?

If you are importing an image sequence, you don't need full size images.

If they are larger than 1920X1080, use a Photoshop action to scale them all down into a separate directory so that your PC won't have to work so hard.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 9:41 PM   in reply to MD Optofonik

Not proxy files, because you won't ever put the larger ones into the video. Just reduce the size so that Photoshop is scaling them down instead of Premiere Pro.

If you are going to pan around the photo, leave it relatively large. But an image sequence? No need for anything larger than 1920X1080 until you start editing 2K or 4K.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2013 2:27 AM   in reply to MD Optofonik

This one does it for free...

http://www.irfanview.com/

Make sure you have Indeterminate Media Timebase in the Preferences set to the same framerate as the timeline.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points