Skip navigation
GrafikLVM
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CC: Added Contactsheet = I/O Error

Aug 23, 2013 1:15 AM

Tags: #i/o #contactsheet

Hey there,

i already read the discussions in this forum about this really bad decision and issue.

and my opininion is the same as the others: why has adobe deleted this great feature??

the contactsheet in photoshop is a big joke and not helpfull for my timed workflow.

now i have followed the instructions to add the function again = CHECK

the function is now in my menu bar in bridge cc = CHECK

i marked some low sized JPGs and want to preview this = I/O-Error

error.jpg

now, what is really to do? to delete photoshop and install it again can`t be the solution?

this takes a lot of time and seems to be not the ultimate solution method.

notice: i have an 27" iMac • OSX 10.8.4 • 2,7GHz i5 • 8GB RAM • 45GB Free Discspace

i am glad for ever help/hint i get

sincerely marco

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 23, 2013 1:41 AM   in reply to GrafikLVM

now, what is really to do? to delete photoshop and install it again can`t be the solution?

this takes a lot of time and seems to be not the ultimate solution method.

Delete is always a bad decision, uninstall and reinstall is pointless if you don't use also the Adobe cleaner tool to get rid of all kinds of preference files around the system that are not uninstalled with the normal procedure. Just uninstall and re install will leave you the same behavior as before.

notice: i have an 27" iMac • OSX 10.8.4 • 2,7GHz i5 • 8GB RAM • 45GB Free Discspace

However, first free up more space, unless you have a 100 GB Hard Disk or using an SSD you have far to less free space left for correct functioning of your system. Ideally you should have at least 15 % free space left, but keep in mind that 15 % of 2GB is not the same as e.g. 15 % of 500 GB.

Then visit the download page for the Output Module again they very recently changed some code (thanks to a poster on this forum - lashh78) and this might help you also.

read the instructions carefully and keep in mind there is a library on your start up disk and a library in your user account. the user library in MacOSX is hidden per OSX 10.7 so use menu Go with option to reveal.

Here is the link for the AOM download:

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 23, 2013 6:36 AM   in reply to GrafikLVM

anyone here where the installing is really WORKING?!

i hope adobe get rid off this problem soon!

I'm sorry you still have this problem that to my knowledge is only occurring by a few users, the vast majority of users has it really working, including me.

On a Mac (I still believe it is system related) you have a few options to try.

First create a new user account for testing to rule out the current user as the cause of the problem. Also do system maintenance with Apple disk utility check and repair permissions or use Cocktail (3th party maintenance)

You can also start fresh by quitting Bridge and delete the Bridge plist file from the user library preferences folder and restart Bridge holding down option key to refresh prefs for Bridge. Even repeat this including the manual deleting of Bridge cache folder from same user library caches folder.

Or try the painful uninstall with Adobe cleanertool to start from scratch:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 23, 2013 7:38 AM   in reply to GrafikLVM

where i can find the bridge cache folder? but i think thats wont work too…

In the same user Library as the preferences folder but now in the Caches folder:

user / library/ caches/ Adobe/ BridgeCC. Inhere are a plugin and a folder called cache. Delete both and start Bridge again, this will generate new but empty files and it should start to cache and index from scratch

before i deinstall the porgrams, i will try this issue on a third computer, when there its too,

a scientist doesnt speak of a coincidence anymore, there must be a bug in the app ;(

If you keep in mind you have only 2 activations per subscription then I have not much left to contradict your scientist..

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 23, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to GrafikLVM

I'm sorry to hear this, I'm out of options, apart from the recovery disk treatment but since a new user account also did not work I don't think it will help you to.

And you can try the cleaner tool combined with a search using e.g. easy find (Devon think) and search for all hidden files containing Adobe on this iMac to delete them manually?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Hey Omke,

I've downloaded the AOM_Package for Mac. In the instructions it says to;

Copy the Adobe Output Module folder (not the AOM_Package_[OS] folder) into the Bridge CC Extensions folder in the appropriate location: Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions and copy the AdobeOutputModule.workspace file into the Workspaces folder under the Bridge CC Extensions folder.

The problem is that in my Library/Application Support folder all I can see is a folder called Bridge CC not Bridge CC Extensions. Inside that are a number of folders but nothing referred to as Bridge CC Extensions.

So I've dropped the Adobe Output Module in the top level of the Bridge CC folder and put the Workspace file in the folder Workspaces.

When I launch CC I can see the links for the Output module but nothing happens. I've reset preferences etc.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Tony

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 12:53 AM   in reply to GrafikLVM

Hey GraikLVM,

Excellent mate. Yes Mac/Library/Bridge CC Extensions did the trick. Output is working in BridgeCC. I think maybe a little clarity on the http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html page would have helped.

thanks,

Tony

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 8:18 PM   in reply to GrafikLVM

Copy Folder Bridge CS6 in:

MacOS/User/YourUser/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

Copy Folder Bridge CS6 Extensions in:

MacOS/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

Copy folder extensions and overwrite them in CC extentions??

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 10:04 PM   in reply to Tony Redhead

Well so much for the good news. Everything worked fine yesterday but now all I get is the I/O error message :-(

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to GrafikLVM

I tried everything in #14 but still had no success. Afterwards, I looked at the System log (less +G /var/log/system.log) and saw errors like the following:

Sep 16 11:53:12 localhost Adobe Bridge CC[12163]: Error loading /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Adobe Output Module/contactsheet/resources/plugins/PDFGenerator.framework/PDFGener ator:  dlopen(/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Adobe Output Module/contactsheet/resources/plugins/PDFGenerator.framework/PDFGener ator, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Adobe Output Module/contactsheet/resources/plugins/PDFGenerator.framework/PDFGener ator: file too short

Turns out the PDFGenerator is much smaller in Bridge CC versus Bridge CS6:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  admin  1067 14 Jun 15:44 /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Adobe Output Module/contactsheet/resources/plugins/PDFGenerator.framework/PDFGener ator

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  admin  867328 16 Sep 11:41 /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CS6 Extensions/Adobe Output Module/contactsheet/resources/plugins/PDFGenerator.framework/PDFGener ator

Solution for me (paste as one line in Terminal and enter admin password):

sudo cp /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Bridge\ CS6\ Extensions/Adobe\ Output\ Module/contactsheet/resources/plugins/PDFGenerator.framework/PDFGener ator /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Bridge\ CC\ Extensions/Adobe\ Output\ Module/contactsheet/resources/plugins/PDFGenerator.framework/PDFGener ator

[Note: once posted to forum, I am seeing spaces in "Generator" that should not be there.]

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points