Skip navigation
HDV&S
Currently Being Moderated

encore cs 5.1 blu ray chapter not working.....

Aug 23, 2013 11:39 AM

I've a tone of problems with this version.  Encore showing error codes 14, 25.....Some of the chapters working fine but others not. I've tried several ways to solve the issues but no hope. It seems you need full knowledge of blu ray theories to burn a blu ray!!!!  

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 25, 2013 6:41 AM   in reply to HDV&S

Can you please post more details?

Exact error message that came with the Code 14 & the Code 25.

See also here and here, where you will see the need for more info as both these are code 14 but different causes.

Both are common inasmuch as they are inferring your content is not correct for BD in some manner (illegal resolution usually for buttons, menus or footage)

Error 25 can be insufficient space on HDD, and again the same issue here - so could you please post the following information:

1 - Operating System.

2 - Exact error messages including any logs

3 - Details on your project - video resolution, frame rate, etc.

The more detailed the information the more likely someone can help.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 10:50 PM   in reply to HDV&S

Export a 10 minute test piece from Premiere, and import as timeline to Encore.  Be sure you are using H.264-Bluray and not just H.264.

Is your export format supported?:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1901666#1901666

Does Encore show "do not transcode" under the Bluray Transcode Status?

Since you are using CS5.5, consider the possibility that you are affected by the H.264 2 pass bug. Fixed in CS6 I think.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3876184

However, see post 20 in the following link, where Jeff Bellune is suggesting (I think) that this may not be a single 2 pass vbr bug, but a relationship between the profile also.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/697684

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 1:51 AM   in reply to HDV&S

HDV&S wrote:

I'm using windows 7 on laptop with i7 processor and nvidia GTS 360M display, External 1 TB HDD through SATA cable.

Original shot was on HDV 60i with multiple Sony cameras and did the multicam edit. Converted to H264 with PCM audio with premiere CS 5.5, used VBR 2 pass everthing else left as defaut settings. Rendering took almost 21 hrs to generate  2:18 hr. video .m4v and .wav files (file size 17.7 gb).

When I bring these videos as timeline(took ~20min to load files.) into the Encore with all the menus(created in photoshop with buttons and res. 1440 X 1080 to match with other assets ), some of the chapters not working on the preview window and Encore transcoded the whole files took another ~10 hrs!

Is there any better and faster workflow to complete the project ?

note: I used the cineform avi for multicam editing in premiere pro with the same settings (HDV 29.97).

Okay, we are starting to make progress, but why are you shooting in HDV? That is a lossy system using non-sqyuare pixels so the whole thing is effectively getting converted. No wonder it took 21 hours and it looks to me as if you exported to the wrong settings - .m4v is regular .264, not BluRay. See Stan's suggestion.

We still need to see the exact error messages - it looks likely you are out of HDD space. Remember that Premiere & Encore use 32-bit float audio temp files, and the media cache databases will be enormous.....how much HDD free is remaining?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 12:07 AM   in reply to HDV&S

I wouldn't worry overmuch about the preview - try instead exporting out to a BDCMF folder and then playing that in something like TMT6 (there is a 15 day trial version available).

It's a pretty good way to test basic functionality liike menus & popups etc - but no substitute for testing odff a burned disc in a real player. Admittedly, blank discs are expensive, DL much more so but there really is no other way - and an RE disc will take 4 times as long to write from personal experience.

The problem with the preview function is that the assets are probably not properly multiplexed, and all functionality is approximated.

HDV&S wrote:

interestingly, Oncore DVD making is like a breeze, but not Blu Ray !   professional ??

Let us just say that BD is extremely complicated, and let's be honest it really is not very clever technology (HD-DVD was far superior). The image buffer problem alone is enoiugh to give me palpitations at times.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points