Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, is it possible to resize the freeze frame duration

Aug 23, 2013 1:06 PM

after you have put it on the Timeline.

I have set the duration as 3, which looks a bit long, and now wish to amend it to 1.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Sorry to post two questions on the same day.

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 23, 2013 1:12 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve

I do not recall what version of Premiere Elements that you are working with, so I will generalize.

Right click the freeze frame on the Timeline, select Time Stretch. Then in the Time Stretch dialog, set the 00;00;03;00 to 00;00;01;00. That designation represents hours; minutes; seconds; frames.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 1:20 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve

Never too many questions.

I saw your other thread. It seems that you and SG are communicating on that. Since that is the case, I do not want to disturb the flow back and forth between the two of you.

I will be watching your progress there and will be glad to contribute there later if necessary.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve,

It should change.

So, expand the Expert workspace Timeline with the zoom out ( - ) zoom ( + ) slider above the Timeline (toward right).

Make sure you have the clip that you want highlighted. I think you do since you have gotten to the Time Stretch dialog.

Please give it another try for the same Freeze Frame on that Timeline or a newly created one. We can start thinking about flushing the preferences, but I am not sure if we are ready for that yet.

If worse comes to worse and you are in a time crunch, drag the right edge of the freeze frame in to shorten its duration.

Also, depending on how things go, open a new project and see if you can get the Time Stretch to work on a Freeze Frame duration so that we can determine if the issue is generalized or specific to the one project.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve

That was great news.

If you get a chance, let us know if any further developments on the Time Stretch way.

I am trying to think if I am missing anything in thinking about the why not.

Thanks again. Much appreciated the follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 4:32 PM   in reply to SteveH59

One little tip, that you might have discovered, is when altering the Duration of a Clip, whether a Freeze-frame, or not, is to open the Info Panel, which will give you a full SMPT read-out of the Duration, when click+dragging. Whenever I am adjusting Duration, via that manner, I always go to the Info Panel, to watch my changes.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 6:15 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve,

Enjoy your weekend.

I hope to - enjoy yours!

Happy editing,

Hunt

|