Skip navigation
sca-tv
Currently Being Moderated

converting mts files

Aug 23, 2013 2:37 PM

Will Premiere element 11 accept mts files?  If not, which I suspect is the problem, then how can I

convert these files to .mov before doing the editing. 

I have downloaded from my camera into elements and can do the editing, but the publish+share

does not produce the finished video in my documents.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 23, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to sca-tv

Yes, v11 edits MTS files... not producing output is a different issue

The Help-and-Tutorials page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 includes several links discussing different sharing options

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to sca-tv

sca-tv

I am understanding that you can import your .mts files into the Premiere Elements 11 project but are having trouble with the end product.

Please clarify regarding when you wrote "..but the publish+share does not produce the finished video in my documents."

How do you want to export...as a .mov file? If so,

1. First let us get the classical question out of the way, "Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements 11?

2. If so, what are you selecting for Presets when you go through Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime, and are you changing any of the expert settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that selected preset?

3. Now here is what I am not sure of...what do you see designated in the export field for Save In? Does it show the path to Documents?

4. If it does show the path that you intended, what does the export progress bar show while the export is taking place? Does it come to an end with a message about "Save Complete". If not, what happens?

Looking forward to your follow up, hoping to sort through the details to find an answer that will work for you.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 5:44 PM   in reply to sca-tv

MOVs can include any of a myriad of codecs.

How do you plan to use the MOV you output? Should it be in high-definition or standard definition MOV file?

Is MOV a requirement for your output? There may be a better output format for your particular need.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points