Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to publish a desktop Application for the Mac App Store using Flash CC on a Mac?

Aug 24, 2013 11:41 AM

Tags: #air #app #help #flash #mac #as3 #application #desktop #store #certificates #flash_professional #itunes #connect #profiles #provisioning #cc

Hi,

I´ve published several iOS Apps using Flash CC on my Mac. This works perfect! There are many Tutorials on how to create all needed Certificates, Provisioning profiles and how to use them with Flash CC -  so it was quite easy to do.

Today I started working on my first Mac App. So I created my Development certificates and also Provisionng Profiles for Mac Apps in iTunes Connect. As I said this was very simple for iOS Apps so I hoped it would be the same for Mac Apps - but unfortunatelly I was wrong and I didn´t find even one tutorial on how to make this work.

For iOS Apps I can easily link to my p12 certificate and the provisioningprofile in the publishing settings (see screenshot).

Bildschirmfoto 2013-08-24 um 20.09.31.png

... but for Mac Apps I do only see an option for adding my certificate - but no option for adding the provisioning profile for my App.

Bildschirmfoto 2013-08-24 um 20.09.04.pngBildschirmfoto 2013-08-24 um 20.09.08.png

... I used the certificate for Mac development I created in iTunesConnect. But when I want to publish my project I get this Error Message in spite of using the correct password:

Bildschirmfoto 2013-08-24 um 20.16.08.png

Can anyone please help and tell me how I can make this work (Flash CC + Mac + Apple Provisioning Profile + AppleCertificate )? Any link to a tutorial or instruction for dummies would be great!! 

Best regards and thank you in advance

Jan

Replies
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 24, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to dasessig

you can publish an air desktop app for a mac (and pc) using flash pro.  to add your air app to the mac store: http://pigsels.com/2012/04/air-app-store-publishing-guide/

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 25, 2013 8:49 AM   in reply to dasessig

see if this (and its link) are easier to follow:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1145598

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 25, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to dasessig

oops, you don't mean an iOS app, do you?

i thought we were discussing an OS X app.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 27, 2013 3:29 AM   in reply to dasessig

that window looks ok (assuming you have a deutsche os), but yes there's no app name shown which is why you probably can't find your app after installing.  you could search for something recently installed to find it, but you'll still need to fix the problem: you're missing an app name setting somewhere

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points