Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creating a DVD Menu with Multiple Options

Aug 24, 2013 7:01 PM

Tags: #premiere #menu #encore #cc

I am creating a slide show. Due to the sheer number of images, we would like to have the user select a category to watch, or multiple, or one selection that selects all categories. Is this possible?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 24, 2013 9:34 PM   in reply to tapiot

This might be moved to the Encore forum,

Whether the slideshows are created in Encore, or you make "slideshows" (as a video) in Premiere, you can make "playlists" in Encore that use one or multiple slideshows that the user can select.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2013 8:03 AM   in reply to tapiot

As Stan says, a question for http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore

The tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578 has a link to download the PDF user guide, for easy searching

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 1:59 AM   in reply to tapiot

tapiot wrote:

I am creating a slide show. Due to the sheer number of images, we would like to have the user select a category to watch, or multiple, or one selection that selects all categories. Is this possible?

Hiya Tapiot.

Can you please give a better description of what you are trying to accomplish - I am not too sure from the original question exactly what it is you are wanting to do.

A DVD slideshow is exactly that - a sequence of stills set to an audio track (if wanted) and there are no interactive options I can think of.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to tapiot

Perhaps PowerPoint would actually be a better option and letting viewers select whether they want to let it run automatically or manual advance.

I think it is, especially for the curator-lead version.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 11:52 PM   in reply to tapiot

Hiya Tapiot.

The problem with using a powerpoint is that it must be played on a computer based setup as PPT will simply not run on a DVD player at all, of course.

You can work around this by adding those presentations into ROM content (which would work well) and a simple screen telling the user to load into a ROM drive to access this would sort that out.

I suspect you are actually trying to find a way of doing this in the DVD-V section though, but off the top of my head I cannot think of a way to do this elegantly in Encore.

The only way it would work is to create each chapter as a slideshow and trigger these from menus - but Encore has very, very little in the way of helpful functionality here - scripting would help you no end. I have to end up by saying I think there is no good way to do this using Encore.

Sorry.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points